Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I would like to welcome all Dish Network Retailers who are Beta testing the exciting new Dish Network ViP 922 Slingloaded HD DVR!

Setting up this area was done based on the requests of a few retailers who have aquired 922 units and wanted a place to discuss them. I have setup this area for a simple place on SatelliteGuys for all 922 discussions to take place. Not only will this make it easier for you to talk about the 922 but I hope that it makes your feedback easier to find for Dish Network's 922 team.

I have gone through all the 922 Retailer paperwork and there is no mention about talking about the 922 beta in a public forum.

HOWEVER WITH THAT SAID IF YOU ARE A DISH NETWORK 922 BETA TESTER AND HAVE SIGNED A NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT WITH DISH NETWORK THEN DO NOT POST HERE AS DOING SO MAY PUT YOU IN VIOLATION OF YOUR NDA!

This messages in this forum are only seen by members who are logged in, this is to keep the search engine bots from indexing the messages found here. Again this is BETA software and I don't want all the bug reports to be indexed, we must respect the beta in that regard.

It should also be noted, that while you may discuss the 922 Beta Product and software, you must also post any bug reports and feedback directly to Dish Network as stated in your Beta Testing instructions.

DO NOT POST URLS OR DETAILS ON HOW TO FILE BUG REPORTS IN THIS FORUM. All of the special private Dish Network feedback URL's must remain private!

Thank you for helping test what could be one of the most revolutionary satellite receivers ever made! Enjoy your 922!!!

I just got my 922 activated this morning and have been having fun playing with it all day. Looking forward to contributing to a great product.

well this thing sure does have some bugs some of the buttons on the remote do not work like the channel buttons on the side and some of the tiles on screen

I do not have any pictures yet. Don't have my digital camera here. As for some of the buttons not working, they are not suppose to. With the "First Look" software that is has right now, the 922 is limited to certain features. If you are a retailer you can go on the retailer care site and download a 922 job aid and there is also a list of the features available with the current software.

I dont have a unit yet, but the last time I played with one the internet was working and you could do things like search Google, but things like watching videos at Youtube wouldn't work.

It will be expanded before the launch. :)

I hooked up my ethernet cable to it and tried to clivk on the Google and the other links. It said I was not able to connect to them. Not sure if I have it set up right or if the software will allow it at this time. I'm curious when I can try using the sling part of it.

Did not see anything for that yet. When I clicked on internet, it brought me to a menu with Google, MSN, CNN, and Yahoo on it.

The PIP looks to be very promising. You can watch the 2nd tuner in your PIP in 16:9 format and swap between the 2 in HD. Looks very nice.

I've noticed that it keeps track of hard drive space by percentage instead of hours. I recorded the retailer chat this morning, which was 2 hours, and it said 0% of hard drive used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)