Welcome 922 Beta Testers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am in the same boat. I had it reading remote 2 but somewhere it locked up. remote 1 doesn't show paired, remote 2 show paired but not working receiver. Any luck resolving? did the right button hold for 10 seconds and reloaded. worked now.

large network?

I'm not exactly sure. I don't know how our network is setup here at work. I'm assuming that is where my problem is coming from though. I already have the sling software downloaded on my computer so I can start checking that out as soon as I get internet connection to it.

Where you work is it a large network? It may be that they have a Cisco Pix setup before your biz net. Not a beta tester but just went thru something like this at work for a new weather system we have. Fortunately when the tech came in from the company he had a way to config and I found out that the router they supplied was DOA.

But I want to.

Just tell your boss it is not possible to test 922 at work and move it to your home. ;)

If I'm going to do the Beta Test, I'd much rather do it at home.

I cant see myself working all day then hanging out at the showroom till midnight.

So believe me, I'm not complaining.
The 922 is going to be a welcome change from our current 522.

Using my 22 inch computer monitor as an HDTV is going to be a bummer, but oh well.

Any HDTV is going to be better than none, as it stands now, I watch HD movies on my I-pod. (sad but true)

Monkey

No HDTV

If I'm going to do the Beta Test, I'd much rather do it at home.

I cant see myself working all day then hanging out at the showroom till midnight.

So believe me, I'm not complaining.
The 922 is going to be a welcome change from our current 522.

Using my 22 inch computer monitor as an HDTV is going to be a bummer, but oh well.

Any HDTV is going to be better than none, as it stands now, I watch HD movies on my I-pod. (sad but true)

Monkey

Sounds like someone needs a raise. :D

There's been countless posts in the last year+ speculating about this receiver, now some people actually have them, yet this thread is barely slogging along. I don't get it? No one has even tried using the the most unique feature yet; Sling ?

Sling works... kind of...

I can watch in my house, but most of the features such as changing channels do not work. But as far as streaming goes it is working well. This is the first software release that I know of that has the Sling enabled.

Just tell your boss it is not possible to test 922 at work and move it to your home. ;)

Don't worry, it will be in my home eventually. I am basically the boss when it comes to our electronics. My father is the owner. We have a family business and I have lots of good benefits.

Mine is at home now as well as I couldn't really test it in the office.

I am starting to get use to this remote. It's not so bad now especially after you have your favorite channels setup.

I agree. Having you favorites set makes the remote a lot faster to use. But I'm still a bigger fan of the 722 remotes.

Sling works... kind of...

I can watch in my house, but most of the features such as changing channels do not work. But as far as streaming goes it is working well. This is the first software release that I know of that has the Sling enabled.
Aha, good. Define "well". Can you, for example, capture the stream with At Large Recorder 2? What kind of resolution are you getting? (HD on Slingbox Pro HD is reputedly 1280X720.)

Probably nobody knows the answer to this question. But I'm really interested in whether the mpeg-4 stream gets converted to analog before being recaptured and recompressed and reencrypted for Sling output. Might be necessary to reduce the res from Dish HD or to transcode from mpeg-2 stations. :(

I don't have any idea what At Large Recorder is and have no intention of finding out, if I want to record I will do it on the receiver itself.

I am still trying to find out what the password is set to so I can access the Sling features from outside the shop.

OK. But is there any other way of telling what res you are getting when playing back the local stream? If this were a tv, the Info button would help a lot. I presume you are running the Sling PC player. Maybe it will let you capture a still frame?

Scott said in the iPhone thread that remote streaming is not yet available in the current beta firmware.

922 Guy??

I was told by DNS Tech support that Sling is not up and running on the 922, How did you get into the set up to make it work on your network?

I can't get to the sling set up on mine.

Just wondering.
BTW the sling ID is listed in the SYSTEM INFO screen

Monkey

I was able to get the desktop Slingplayer working from a computer on the local wireless network. I think I need to check some settings because it was a little choppy.

Has anyone gotten the iPhone app to work with the 922 on the local network yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)