Welcome 922 Beta Testers

I am still trying to find out what the password is set to so I can access the Sling features from outside the shop.[/QUOTE]

Try "admin" for the password

Where did everyone go?
Nothing to say since 10-21?
I hope to learn more abt the Sling Box feature.

JC

I haven't played with the Sling feature for a while. One of the updates broke it, but one of the recent updates appears to have fixed it.

I don't have an actual Sling box other than the 922, so I can't compare it one of those. I do have a media server in the house so the video streaming over wireless should be good, but it isn't. The audio is fine and I don't seem to be missing and data, but the video is a little choppy. Although the audio is fine, I have to change channels when I first run the app because the audio is garbled until I do. They did fix the guide and keypad so that it's now possible to change channels using either. I can also use favorites to change channels. So far I've only been able to access the 922 from my iPhone, for some reason the PC app won't let me connect.

I did notice another change to the 922. When you access PIP they now have a menu bar on the bottom of the screen so that you don't have to cycle through the options. Using the iPhone app seems to mess up the single/duo mode when connected to the receiver. I also had to reset the receiver because I couldn't get the 922 out of PIP.

As far I as I can tell there is still no external hard drive support. I have a hard drive connected and turn it on once in a while, but so far I haven't been prompted to do anything with it.

Getting better, but still some issues.

Attachments

• 922-PIP.JPG
    922-PIP.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 184
Sling is still not working for me, when I connect I only see the cursor on the screen.

I just connected using my iPhone from work. I can also connect using the Sling web site. The PC app used to work, but now says it doesn't support the 922.

Sometimes I get the cursor problem because the unit is off and the Sling app won't turn it on. This morining I tried while I was at home and needed to reset the 922.

I still don't see how they can release the 922 by 1 Feb is they don't have this working reliably.

Has anyone had any problems updating their 922 to the current software? I've tried everything I could think of with no help. I've emailed
DNSTechFeedback with no response yet. Any help or a phone number to call for service help would be greatly appreciated. The software I have is AHU1 XACB. I know its way behind. Its been sitting in our showroom unplugged for a long time. Please Help! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had any problems updating their 922 to the current software? I've tried everything I could think of with no help. I've emailed
DNSTechFeedback with no response yet. Any help or a phone number to call for service help would be greatly appreciated. The software I have is AHU1 XACB. I know its way behind. Its been sitting in our showroom unplugged for a long time. Please Help! Thanks.
Turn the receiver on. Press PIP switch tuners and turn PIP off, now turn the receiver off and wait an hour, it should grab the new software from 61.5 or 129.

Scott,

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like your telling me to put it in single user mode, which I already have tried. I'm really puzzeled on this. I've seen the receiver shut down for updates and reset when done. When I power it back up nothing has changed. I talked to Dealer Services and they said it can take up to 3-4 business days before I would get a reply. If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them. I'm gonna try what you said Scott, just to be safe!:)

Scott,

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like your telling me to put it in single user mode, which I already have tried. I'm really puzzeled on this. I've seen the receiver shut down for updates and reset when done. When I power it back up nothing has changed. I talked to Dealer Services and they said it can take up to 3-4 business days before I would get a reply. If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them. I'm gonna try what you said Scott, just to be safe!:)

Did you even read Scott's reply? It has nothing to do with single user mode as far as I can tell.

From Scott's reply, "Turn the receiver on. Press PIP switch tuners and turn PIP off, now turn the receiver off and wait an hour, it should grab the new software from 61.5 or 129."

I think the "unused tuner" idea was good for the 721 and 921.....all other dual tuners have to have both tuners off to download software. It shows ASL1 coming off 119 only unless typo then 129.......not 61.5 this time. As long as you matrix reads 119/129 and no lights are on....it will DL the latest sw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)