Losing signal interrupting DVR viewed event

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
Hello. I have a 722 and am in Ohio near cleveland and we are dealing with snow this morning. I had the TV on espn hd (sat 110) and decided to (well my kid decided) watch cars, which I have on DVR.

While watching Cars, we must have lost signal on 110 and the show was interupted with the blue alert screen.

I recorded the show off of ABC Family HD is that also on 110 and could that be causing the problem?

It just struck me as odd that a DVRed event could be interrupted by a loss of signal. This has never happened before. There have been times in the past when rain caused me to lose signal and then I watched things on DVR until the storm passed.

Thanks
Jason

if you stop you dvr event, and change the channel your watching to an OTA that your getting good signal on then watch your dvr event again it should stop.

while your watching a DVR event the tuners are still "watching" a channel in the background and you keep losing signal on that...

Have fun watching Cars :)

The above poster is correct. It seems dumb to me that even if the tuners are "still watching", i am not watching that channel that is breaking up.
Do like they said and put your tuner on an ota channel with a good signal (if you have an antenna) and go back to your recording, and the messages should stop.

It works the other way, too, or it did. If your OTA channel goes away, low signal or off air, then you get a yellow(?) alert while looking at a recording and it is more likely that an OTA goes away than a Dish channel. The key is to have a solid signal from somewhere. There is channel recall and in single mode there is channel swap, i.e., the other tuner may be the problem.

If then loss of Sat signal happens often, you may want to get a dish heater. If you are farther west, like I am, you could select 61.5 (left over from Voom and well before 129) because it is near vertical here and is hard for snow to stick--read about Pam, etc.

-Ken

neoabacus,
I think somewhere above 12 inches of snow. I had 2 trips out with the snow blower and a few dish cleaning sessions.

no dish cleaning for me, lucky i guess...

look like we'll finally get our dayton local in HD from dish no according to the latest uplink...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)