Loss HDMI on 211 Unit

asiegler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2005
Is anyone having troubles with HDMI cables on the new 211 meg4 box? Loss my HDMI capabilities on Channel 7. Called Dish and they are sending me another 211 box. System been up and running fine since 1 March. Currently have version 264 software. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do you have the sound? I have like several others have had a problem with the picture going blank, I think the Menu items were still viewable but don't hold me to that, but have still had sound. I have 2 411's, about the same as the 211, and have had this happen to me twice. I ended up unplugging the receiver then letting it boot up again and everything was fine. Not only did I loose HDMI but component and S video.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Same here. I do have the audio but over the last several weeks no picture had to unplug from wall to get picture. It appears other people are having similar problems with their 211s. Thanks

Had the same problem within one hour of having 411 installed. Tech came back and exchanged for a second 411. Haven't had any trouble since. It's been about two months now.

Just got my new 211 box and the problem went away. Using HDMI cable on channel 7 the picture is great!!!!!!. Hope it stays that way. Also notice that the old set on light wasn't very bright. The new 211 on light really shines.

NR2D said:
Do you have the sound? I have like several others have had a problem with the picture going blank, I think the Menu items were still viewable but don't hold me to that, but have still had sound. I have 2 411's, about the same as the 211, and have had this happen to me twice. I ended up unplugging the receiver then letting it boot up again and everything was fine. Not only did I loose HDMI but component and S video.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

I had this happen to me once. Called D* and while on hold for their Tech Support they gave you some tech tips about resetting your receiver can solve a lot of problems. I tried it and it worked.

The solution is to press and hold the POWER button for 10 seconds. The set will go off and then back on. At that time the receiver will reload the guide and everything should work fine. At least it did for me. :D

I did that about 10 times until my 211 finally gave out. New one still working great. Thanks

Can use guys really tell a diffrence useing the HDMI?? I have been thinking about going to HDMI on my 411.

I think the HDMI benefits are as much dependent on your tv as the receiver.
I changed to HDMI from Component but couldnt really see the difference. However my TV ( a maxent 42" plasma) has had lots of issues with green images using HDMI (old firmware, i later found out). On my Plamsa you have to calibrate each connection seperately.
One reasosn i switched, was the HDMI cable is much neater and shorter than the components i had. Not a great reason but as it was a wash the deciding factor.

Last edited:
For me it was the sound and a smaller cable. The picture quality looked pretty much the same with both components and HDMI but the sound came alive in my TV with HDMI.

I have a Phillips TV. I noticed what I consider a Huge difference when I connected HDMI to my 411 receiver, and also tested it on my DVD player. Everything looked much clearer and more defined with the HDMI cable connected.

To bad I just had to RA my 411 because the HDMI quit operating and the box seemed to over heat. Had the same problem with my Comcast HD box, but oddly never have the problem with my DVD player.

I saw a different waiting for my new 211 box. My picture real POPs on my Sonny especially on the HD stations even saw a different on SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)