This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Loss of 103b sat between 6-7 every evening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kennii

Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Need some help understand why I'm always loosing the Hi-Def channels / Sat (103b) every evening between 6-7pm local time in Florida. Can the sun cause anything like this? DirectTV forum indicated it maybe a heating/cooling issue of some sort but no ideas of what or why. I can loose the sat for up to 5 minutes or longer. Most of the time when the sat comes back, I don't see the problem again that evening. The signal strength for 103b is in the low 90's to high 80's most of the time but drops 0 when I loose the sat then back up to normal when the reception returns. All the remaining sat's are in strong and never go out, just the Hi-def channels located on 103b. Do anyone have an idea what may be causing this outage and is there anything I can do to correct this issue? Thanks!!

Are we close to the equinox this time of year? Although Usually that causes problems in the mid afternoon instead of late afternoon..

Do you have a neighbor coming home with his radar detector on and pointed at you?

How long has this been happening.

In my experience that is usually a failing LNB. Would it be fair to say it may happen at other times, but you probably notice it more at 6-7 in the evening, given you watch TV at that time most days? I had a bad LNB for a while (my first AT9 dish about 18 months ago) and it would drop to zero for 1-5 mintues at any given time.

If your install was fairly recently you may want to have them come out and replace it, assuming you've reset the receiver no other problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.