Loss of digital signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ts7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
IL
I am trying to combine my Comcast cable signal with the RF output from the TV2 connection on my Dish 322 receiver. A somewhat detailed discussion of this topic is found here...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/159044-combine-tv2-catv.html

I am having a problem that whenever I connect any cable segment to the other side of the splitter I lose several of my digital Comcast channels due to "weak signal" - even if there is nothing connected to the other end of the cable segment. The cable signal is being fed over the original house cable plant (installed in 1986 - probably RG56/59 or similar) so I suspect there is significant signal loss, but it is only running about 25-30' from the main house distribution splitter, so I wouldn't think it would be that significant.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some "expert" advice to confirm or dispel my suspicions and offer any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)