need help filter out some channels for my modulated channels

kirillich

Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
issaquah, wa
Hello,

I am trying to insert two modulated channels into the Comcast cable TV system. Here is the problem:

1)I cant use the notch filter CH 70-75 because Golf TV is on Ch 70
2)I cant use the notch filter 75-80 because The Weather channel is CH # 78.

I cant sacrifice these two channels.

What if i use the LPF-600 ( low pass filter) which passes ch 2-86 and blocks anything above. How is this gonna affect cable broadband?

What's the frequency range required for cable broadband?

right now, there are no channels between Ch 78 and 98. Yet something is streaming within that frequency range because if i combine my chosen modulated channels (80 and 83, i can change these numbers if i can use lpf-600 ) and cable tv signal - I loose picture on my modulated channels.

can somebody suggest an inexpensive solution! running additional cable for brodband connection is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Kirill.

Can you try different notch filters? Check this link - there are several different notch filters that might find the frequency you desire.

RF Distribution, Amplifiers, Modulators, Combiners, Splitters, Video Distribution

Out of curiosity, what type of cable are you using (i.e. RG58, RG6, etc)? It seems connecting any kind of device besides the TV causes my signal to drop below the threshold for receiving some of the digital signals in the upper end of the spectrum. I'm pretty sure this is due to the older cable not being able to carry the higher frequencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)