Loss of Locals on 77w

Post pictures of that antenna they're offering you, there where are a lot of informal companies copying antennas, as a matter of fact there was one in Mexico (can't remember the name of those guys) that copied from a company in US Idaho (formerly know as Andersen) the copies will never perform as well as the originals, so your original Channel Master (by the way one of he most copied antenas in the caribbean) could outperform a 2.4 copy......

they told me today its not a Channel Master - so ill take your advise and skip.
the thing is that there are a lot of people receiving also DirecTV US in Mexico, all those dealers don't need to sweat so much because lucky for them Mexico is so close to the US that the levels are so high a poor performance antenna will do, I'm amazed of the amount of people selling, I just typed in google: antenas de mexico and it came up like 40 manufacturers, if they sell it and guarantee it then you pay, that could be a conditioned deal here are some:

Parabolicas
CP Electronics
100% Copy
110% Copy
Other Copy
Mayortec
Antenas de Jalisco

The classical US brands are:
General Dynamics (Formerly known as Prodelin).
DH Antennas
Skyware Global (Formerly known as Channel Master).

The thing is that the original US version is expensive because of the quality of the antenna......
you will know it's a copy when in deep fringe locations, that's the real test....

the thing is that there are a lot of people receiving also DirecTV US in Mexico, all those dealers don't need to sweat so much because lucky for them Mexico is so close to the US that the levels are so high a poor performance antenna will do, I'm amazed of the amount of people selling, I just typed in google: antenas de mexico and it came up like 40 manufacturers, if they sell it and guarantee it then you pay, that could be a conditioned deal here are some:

Parabolicas
CP Electronics
100% Copy
110% Copy
Other Copy
Mayortec
Antenas de Jalisco

The classical US brands are:
General Dynamics (Formerly known as Prodelin).
DH Antennas
Skyware Global (Formerly known as Channel Master).

The thing is that the original US version is expensive because of the quality of the antenna......
you will know it's a copy when in deep fringe locations, that's the real test....
i'm fringe - changed address to nyc - on 1 account and got locals at 14 but lost tonight (at 7 not locking) and not a lot of channels (my husband like brovo and cant get for a while now) i will call kiwisat tomorrow. i'm hoping they have a box something like the old 222 (2 tv 1 box) so i can have 3 (1 each for my rentals)....and 2 dvr box for me...

i'm fringe - changed address to nyc - on 1 account and got locals at 14 but lost tonight (at 7 not locking) and not a lot of channels (my husband like brovo and cant get for a while now) i will call kiwisat tomorrow. i'm hoping they have a box something like the old 222 (2 tv 1 box) so i can have 3 (1 each for my rentals)....and 2 dvr box for me...
i'm almost there 5% to 10% more and id be ok...

Looks like your antenna is not well aligned.......if you go for Kiwisat, the satellite has a better footprint and an average technician will do the trick. When in fringe the best thing to do is align a single antenna to each satellite, sharing the antennas surface (gain) is for people very close to the main EIRP, the deeper you are in fringe the more you'll need the full antenna's gain in order to achieve stable signal levels....

I personally would only consider moving to the next option after exhausting all possibilities with my current hardware, unless you are done with your tech guy, that's different scenario.

I have heard from friends I have in the Caribbean that the picture quality of Kiwisat is great, but they take some time fixing channels that sporadically stay in a loop or freeze, I would say their operation is much more smaller than AT&T & Dish, so they probably won't have a so "big" (large) tech team behind their core operation......
Most content providers have their main feed now days over stream, larger ones will have a redundancy on satellite, but the ironical thing is that the content provider (Tuner, ViacomCBS, etc.) compresses, encrypts and transmits via satellite or terrestrial fiber, the provider (Dish or AT&T) will decrypt, digitalize, compress, encrypt again, and transmit, then the end user's receiver will do all the process again.....as you can see the operation needs a team of people monitoring this in all the channels they broadcast.....

Last edited:
My guess for these changes (the order has nothing to do with priority):
A.- Need more space for Dish Mexico service (Medcom Group 51% & Dish 49%).
B.- Dishnetwork agreement with Quetszat 1 ends by November 2021 (of course they could extend year by year as needed or until the Satellite expires).
C.- S.B. Capability (posted by nelson 61 in other thread "Echostar 23 is being relocated to 110°W as spare") Echostar 23 has the following configuration: Its communications payload consists of 32 Ku-Band transponders as well Ka- and S-Band payloads. Can't find that it's Spot Beam capable.

If this is true, they need to prepare for the expiration date of Echostar X (49 Spot Beam Capable) that might be due by 2/25/2022. They actually have even or close SB capability in east (EXVI & EXVIII@61.5°W) & west (EIV@ 119°W & EX@110°W) arc; After EX end of life they will have less SB capability in West arc. What I need to fit here is the reason of freeing CONUS TP's......
Now we might find the answer of the real reason why they where making the changes and I would like to see what the members who said the changes were to avoid people out of the US to receive US content have to say about this.....

Looks like your antenna is not well aligned.......if you go for Kiwisat, the satellite has a better footprint and an average technician will do the trick. When in fringe the best thing to do is align a single antenna to each satellite, sharing the antennas surface (gain) is for people very close to the main EIRP, the deeper you are in fringe the more you'll need the full antenna's gain in order to achieve stable signal levels....

I personally would only consider moving to the next option after exhausting all possibilities with my current hardware, unless you are done with your tech guy, that's different scenario.

I have heard from friends I have in the Caribbean that the picture quality of Kiwisat is great, but they take some time fixing channels that sporadically stay in a loop or freeze, I would say their operation is much more smaller than AT&T & Dish, so they probably won't have a so "big" (large) tech team behind their core operation......
Most content providers have their main feed now days over stream, larger ones will have a redundancy on satellite, but the ironical thing is that the content provider (Tuner, ViacomCBS, etc.) compresses, encrypts and transmits via satellite or terrestrial fiber, the provider (Dish or AT&T) will decrypt, digitalize, compress, encrypt again, and transmit, then the end user's receiver will do all the process again.....as you can see the operation needs a team of people monitoring this in all the channels they broadcast.....
Well – I stayed with Dish. My installed has been saying for years that he needed to change the base for the large master channel.. we paid but never happened. He came changed the base so he could align better and got 119 for locals out of NYC he was shocked that it came is so good!
Happy happy happy. Until last week! We lost 77. …
Anyway he again says we can’t get any HD channels …does anyone know if sat 61 or 72 or 129 will work here in Cancun?

Well – I stayed with Dish. My installed has been saying for years that he needed to change the base for the large master channel.. we paid but never happened. He came changed the base so he could align better and got 119 for locals out of NYC he was shocked that it came is so good!
Anyway he again says we can’t get any HD channels …does anyone know if sat 61 or 72 or 129 will work here in Cancun?
129 Satbeams - World Of Satellites at your fingertips
72.7 Satbeams - World Of Satellites at your fingertips
61.5 Satbeams - World Of Satellites at your fingertips

I'm no expert, but from what I can tell 61.5 is your best option.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As said, it looks like 61.5 might be your best bet. Here's the list I have of CONUS beamed locals that might be of use:

Baltimore, MD (SD) 119
Billings, MT (HD) 129
Charlottesville, VA (HD) 72.7
Cincinnati, OH (HD) 72.7
Ft Wayne, IN (HD) 61.5
Louisville, KY(HD) 72.7
New York City (SD) 119
Roanoke, VA (SD) 110

Some time ago I posted a question that might be helpfull: HERE you might have other options for Local HD on West ARC but you will need to post levels from the S.B.:
TP #1 & #5 A20 that serves Tampa (SD).
TP #2 B20 Fort Mayers (HD) Miami.
TP #3 B21 that serves Miami (SD).
TP #4 B20 West Palm Beach (SD).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)