loss signal?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
This morning I loss my signal, when I did a check switch the signals went from my normal to a 0. After about an hour every thing was fine again. Weather was good, I think this happened during the daily download but not sure.
Anybody have any input for me? I live in Connecticut
Thanks
Lenny

I dont think I explained the other problem very well, I had no programming as well as no locals. This is why I checked the siganal and check switch.
Thanks
Lenny

Is it something that happens once in a while? You don't think its the 522?
Sorry to be a bother! I should have a handle on this in a while.
Technology, isn't it great! When it works right that is.
Lenny

Could be the receiver, 522's can be buggy, could be just a glitch. You'll know more if it happens again. Just try to remember; does it happen always at the same time in the day (mornings, afternoon, late knight?) or just intermittent? Does it happen on both tv's or just one? Numerous things it could be.

I dont think its his reciever, he most likely has a dish pro twin lnbf that was designed by channel master wich are having a high failure rate, if it happens again call dish and get a service call done.

Ah yes, that could be the case. Easy way to tell, if ya can, climb up to your dish, look at the front of the LNB on a little plate in the center there will be a serial number, or model number. If it starts with CCS, you have a defective twin, if it starts with BS or PNI (i think thats the other model number) Then time to start trouble shooting.