Lost 110 for good today

scimini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Installer said the 110 satellite reception is not possible and that it should have never been installed.

Direct is not an option for the same reason and Cable is just too damn expensive here, about $100 more a month for the same service.

With the loss of 110 what channels are gone and are they available on other birds?

Right now it appears to be Encore, USAHD, SCIFIHD, TNT that I know are lost for sure.

I'm not sure what all is on 110, but I've lost it as well, and HBOHD, ESPNHD, ESPN2HD are all gone with it...as well as the others you mention.

I've had a service call in for 2 weeks now, and he was supposed to be out between 12 and 5 on Saturday, but no word, nothing, even Dish couldn't get in touch w/him. I now have another appointment setup for this Friday between 8 and 12.

Installer said the 110 satellite reception is not possible and that it should have never been installed.

Direct is not an option for the same reason and Cable is just too damn expensive here, about $100 more a month for the same service.

With the loss of 110 what channels are gone and are they available on other birds?

Right now it appears to be Encore, USAHD, SCIFIHD, TNT that I know are lost for sure.

where about are you located? do a search or just look on the main Dish page here and look for Eastern Arc; it might help you. If you have a clear LOS at the 61.5 range....

Note this is not yet live but in a few months it will be.

where about are you located? do a search or just look on the main Dish page here and look for Eastern Arc; it might help you. If you have a clear LOS at the 61.5 range....

Note this is not yet live but in a few months it will be.

Metro Detroit.

They are sending out another tech on Wednesday to verify the loss and see if there is anything else they can do.

The installer said they might make a deal to offset the loss of channels, he was going to pull the dish off the roof and leave me with nothing. I am not holding my breath.

Maybe the guy on Wed. could verify LOS to the Eastern Arc and then I could probably deal with the loss until fall.

Metro Detroit.

They are sending out another tech on Wednesday to verify the loss and see if there is anything else they can do.

The installer said they might make a deal to offset the loss of channels, he was going to pull the dish off the roof and leave me with nothing. I am not holding my breath.

Maybe the guy on Wed. could verify LOS to the Eastern Arc and then I could probably deal with the loss until fall.

Do you have LOS for 110 ANYWHERE on the house? What we do if there's no LOS for both sats at one spot, is to put to seperate dishes where there is LOS, and connect them to a switch.

Do you have LOS for 110 ANYWHERE on the house? What we do if there's no LOS for both sats at one spot, is to put to seperate dishes where there is LOS, and connect them to a switch.

There have been a lot of trees cut down, but it looks like the 110 slices right through the end of tree. Signal strength was great in the winter.

Using Dishpointer.com it looks like if they moved dish to the peak area of the roof it would clear the tree, of course it is an old picture.

Here is the picture from dishpointer.

Current.gif

Maybe you could get line of sight at northwest corner of back yard, i.e. straight shot over the neighbor's pool.

I'm not sure what all is on 110, but I've lost it as well, and HBOHD, ESPNHD, ESPN2HD are all gone with it...as well as the others you mention.
ESPN2HD is not on 110, it is on 129 and 61.5 (these others are on 110 - HBO-HD, SHO-HD, TNT-HD, ESPN-HD, HDNET-HD,HDNet-Movies-HD, HDTheater-HD, USA-HD, SciFi-HD).

ESPN2HD is not on 110, it is on 129 and 61.5 (these others are on 110 - HBO-HD, SHO-HD, TNT-HD, ESPN-HD, HDNET-HD,HDNet-Movies-HD, HDTheater-HD, USA-HD, SciFi-HD).

My Bad! Some channels did not appear in their lower number slots only in the higher slots and I missed them. Now a lot of the channels appear to have moved back into the lower number slots.

Cut a 2x4 at the angle of the elevation that Dishpointer gives you for 110, then start hunting around your house for a location that you can get 110. Just hold the 2x4 level in the direction of that line and look up your cut line to see if any obstacles exist beyond it.

Dont feel too bad I lost everything on Sunday due to a bad installer and trees... The closest service date I was given was Friday. I called to bitch yesterday and I have to call back today.

Cut a 2x4 at the angle of the elevation that Dishpointer gives you for 110, then start hunting around your house for a location that you can get 110. Just hold the 2x4 level in the direction of that line and look up your cut line to see if any obstacles exist beyond it.

That is the problem, to me it looks like the dish clears the tree and I have had service all this time and there is no way a dead tree has gone that much.

Well a Rep from Dish Network is suppose to be out tomorrow. I don't know what he is going to do.

:clap

The tech came out today and now I am back in business with a better signal than before with 110 now peaking in the 70s. Makes you wonder about the other guy who said I couldn't get a signal and the dish should have never been installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts