Lost 2 satellites

dscconway

Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I have a 2 dish setup with the top 180, hd and the voom package. On friday I lost 2 satellites and am rcving only 119. I did the check switch and it only finds 119. I looked at the cabling around the dishes, but found nothing loose. Called dish and they will be coming out on Thursday the 15th. I have 2 811 rcvrs, both act the same way. Anything else I can check. I have no clue about repeaking a dish.

Chuck

So both 811s lost 2 satellites? You could try clearing the switch matrix:

Unplug satellite feed in the back of the receiver
Run check switch
Plug back satellite feed
Run check switch

If that doesn't bring them back, most likely a bad switch or LNB and E* will need to replace it. If the switch is accessible, try switching the satellite feeds to different ports in the switch and run check switch on the receivers.

probably the multiswitch but could be the lnb if you have a DishPro Plus twin instead of a DP34. It wouldn't be that the dishes are out of alignment because you are missing 61.5 off on dish and 110 off of another but you are getting 119 off of the same dish that 110 is on. Theres really nothing you could do unless you have some extra parts laying around.

If you lost both sats on both 811's, I would say it is your switch or connection or wiring problem. Most likely the switch unless your active dog decided to chew. Most of time both lnbs don't just go bad at same time and if it is a connection or cable problem only one not both.
Like Randall said I would try clearing both switch matrix's first still got the prob, check your cables and connections to the switch from dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts