Lost 5.1 audio

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I was replacing my HDMI cable to AV receiver. After the hopper said something about a module and needed to reset. Now I only getting 2.0 audio. I is set to DD in setup. I swapped the cable back. Any idea's?

I was replacing my HDMI cable to AV receiver. After the hopper said something about a module and needed to reset. Now I only getting 2.0 audio. I is set to DD in setup. I swapped the cable back. Any idea's?
I have noticed start up problems with my system that leads to 2.0 audio where it should be DD 5.1. In my previous system (H3, Pioneer Elite 92 AV receiver, Pioneer Plasma TV) I had to run on the H3 then wait a second or two before turning on the AV receiver and TV. I recently upgraded the AV receiver to an SC-LX701 and the TV to an LG OLED65B6P. Now I need to turn the AV receiver and TV on and wait about 4 seconds to run on the H3.

There are other ways to restore DD 5.1 audio like changing AV receiver inputs then going back to the H3.

Bottom line, is it's a timing issue between the HDMI devices. Your behavior may be different. It's almost always not the cable unless you don't get any signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)