Replacement Remote

D

dbshelton

SatelliteGuys Family
May 4, 2008
Kountze,Texas
Where can I find a replacement Dish Remote #142301? Mine has a few dead buttons.

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
What receiver? Not sure which one that is (usually labeled 21.0, 41.0, etc) but just call Dish and they will probably send you a new one. If not, eBay.

TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 21, 2010
Littleton, CO
As KAB said, we should be able to get a replacement sent out. If you need to purchase one, I would also recommend the store page on our website if eBay or another retail site doesn't work out. Just send me or one of my co-workers a PM with the account info and we'll get that taken care of.

Reactions: KAB
n0qcu

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Most remotes on ebay are USED or cost more than a new one from dish so that is a bad place to buy a remote.

Reactions: charlesrshell
D

dbshelton

SatelliteGuys Family
May 4, 2008
Kountze,Texas
I went ahead and ordered one from the Dish website. I don't figure anyone from Dish is giving anything away so $20 isn't too bad for a replacement.

rvvaquero

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Earth
I went ahead and ordered one from the Dish website. I don't figure anyone from Dish is giving anything away so $20 isn't too bad for a replacement.

I think you would have been pleasantly surprised if you had bothered contacting a DIRT member.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
So you blew off a GOOD chance for a free replacement? Scratching my head.:confused:

Reactions: DWS44
Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
As KAB said, we should be able to get a replacement sent out. If you need to purchase one, I would also recommend the store page on our website if eBay or another retail site doesn't work out. Just send me or one of my co-workers a PM with the account info and we'll get that taken care of.

No one mentioned the word "free", only that they would help me get one.

If you looked at the wording correctly, it's there. We know from the vast history here that they would have sent you one for free. All you had to do is contact a DIRT member. So, you got what you needed anyway, just $20 lighter... ;)

Reactions: pattykay
C

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 21, 2008
Dish has never charged me for a replacement remote when I have contacted them directly. Also, you can carefully take the problem remote apart and clean all the contact surfaces and the number pads. I use rubbing alcohol. Make sure it's good and dry and then put it back together. I have brought many a remote back to life with this method, they can get down right funky over time and just need a good cleaning.