Lost 61.5, just me or anyone else as well!

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
Went to go to a voom channel a few minutes ago, and came up with no signal. Have a DPP44 switch, did a check and shows no signal. Before I go really troubleshooting, has anyone else had a problem?
Thanks.

Works fine for me. In spite of the snow this morning ;)

Ok, point dish shows good signal strength, but locked on 119! Dish has not moved outside. Check switch just shows "Conn" on the third input, with an X in tran.

The details screen reads

Port3 DP- Dual Good Connection, No Signal

Ideas?!

Could be a bad switch too. This is how the SW64 would go bad. Don't know if the DP34 would fail in the same way. It would start with one port then another until it would fail completely within a couple of weeks.

See ya
Tony

Ok, on my 921 which is on the first output with the power inserter, it sees it just fine, all channels coming in.

My 942 shows it locked on 119, my 721 shows no lock. I'm starting to think its a bad switch. I'm going to try the 4 input on the switch and see what happens.

I'm having a bunch of people over today, and wanted to show off a little Voom! This sucks!

Last edited:
Or physically unpug the receiver for 15 seconds. I had that problem yesterday and doing that fixed the problem. I was not about to go out and play with the switch.

Well, after trying everything suggested here, still no luck. I spoke to Dish support, told them everything I had already done, so they had me change the sat inputs on the switch. Still no 61.5 even on the other input. But the tech said the switch and LNB should be fine since the switch was reading that I had a Dual, and I was getting a good signal.

So, he's going to send a new switch. Was out of ideas. Thankful for that old $2/month warranty. :)

Keep you posted when I get the new switch.

Ok, now I'm really going nuts. Got the new switch, same problem. Went outside and hooked up my sat finder to make sure the dish hadn't moved. Signal was coming in strong, so I would think that would rule out the lnb and the cable to receiver (since it powered the finder)

Guys, I'm completely at a loss here. On the point dish screen, it shows no signal, and whats really weird is that on some transponders, it shows a signal coming from 110 even though I'm on the 61.5 menu. The check dish still shows the Conn and Dual with an X.

What else can I do? I need HELP!!

can you connect 61.5 directly to one of the receivers and do check switch see what it will tell you. technically 61.5 have only even transponder, but when you do check switch it shows up odd/even or all

I did try to hook up directly to the reciever, but I didn't run a check switch since it was the dual tuner I was working with, and didn't think the check switch would work with only one line in.

I have a 508 in the bedroom that I will try to hook directly to and see what happens. I still don't understand why I sometimes get a red bar saying its locked on 110. That one is really puzzling me.

if you have dual tuner box it doesn't mater if you hook one line up and do check switch one port will go to 1 of 1 and second will say 38 of 38 and at the end it will say DP dual ALL and XX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts