Lost a bunch of recordings on 722k

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
I have a 722k, and a timer set to record all South Park episodes. I had a bunch of episodes recorded before the special behind the scenes documentary episode they did. I went thru the episode list, and found that all episodes before that were gone. The documentary is the last episode. I have plenty of space left so I dont know what happened to them. Just in case I went in and protected all the shows I want to keep.

Iirc the 722k will delete unprotected events if it starts to run out of space, but thats not the case here as I've never had less then 15gb.

I have a 508, and have also lost several recordings (both protected and unprotected), however they were years old so I just figured that they had a time limit on them. Plenty of drive space left so that wasn't the issue either.

There is also a default limit of 20 shows before the oldest get deleted. Did you change it to unlimited for South Park, or do you have exactly 20 episodes left?

Hmm perhaps thats it. I think the most I saw was 21 episodes. Right now I have 17 episodes in the south park folder, with 2 shows set to be recorded today (rerun and the new episode later tonight).

Had about 10-15 before that Documentary episode. Today when I opened the folder and scrolled down to watch some older shows, I noticed that the doc is the last/oldest event recorded and everything I had before then was gone.

How do I change it to unlimited on the 722k?

Edit your Southpark timer by:
Hit DVR button 3 times
Select Timers
Select on SouthPark
Select options
Change Maximum Recorded Events from 20 to #
Select Save

:( yeah I wish when you "set as default" it meant not just the protected/early/late options.. that it included the HD/SD and "# of" settings as well.

Edit your Southpark timer by:
Hit DVR button 3 times
Select Timers
Select on SouthPark
Select options
Change Maximum Recorded Events from 20 to #
Select Save

Thanks that did it. Did that for all the events I wanna archive. Pretty bummed I lost those older shows but I can always catch em on Netflix.

It is often shorter to use Menu+7, find a future recording, select it, then timer and options to change the number to more or less including unlimited, which it use to be.

Options with right and left arrows next to them require you to find a line up or down without those to get back to the save.
-Ken

Also set unlimited episode as system default. That way all future times get that setting. I have it like that...& dont have to worry abt changing that for every series I set.

Get an ehd and move the episodes to it. I don't think there is a limit to the number of episodes stored there.

There is NO limit on the Xhdd.The problem with the Xhdd is duplicate programs will be recorded.The receiver dosen't look at the xhdd to see if you allready have an episode.Not a big deal though when you have 1 or 2 TB of space

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)