Lost an OTA digital channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I had an 811 installed in mid-January and I was receiving local CBS, ABC, Pax and PBS OTA in digital. Sometime in early March, I totally lost the digital ABC and PBS channels. The ABC went from high 60's and low 70's to 0 and PBS disappeared despite being 85% for 6 entire weeks. I have never been able to get them back. Does any one have any suggestions?

If your 811 didn't update to P266 yet, I would do that first (check that your 811 is set to update automatically). If it is P266 already, or after it updates, do a reboot (hold in front panel power button for 10 seconds). Then go back to the channel setup screen and do a rescan, or try to manually add the channel.

Keith.

Also, could something have changed with your antenna? If it's indoors, has it moved? If it's outdoors, have tree bloomed for Spring, or wind or storms moved it at all?

As hard as it is to admit, sometimes problems using the 811 are not the fault of the 811 itself. (Ouch. It hurt to type that.) :)

This is with the P265 and now the P266. I've even tried to add it manually, but it won't pick it up.

You might also want to call your ABC and PBS stations to see if they are
having any problems.I saw the same thing late last year with my CBS and
PBS affiliates and both were having equipment problems,so it might not be
your 811,good luck.

GaryPen said:
Also, could something have changed with your antenna? If it's indoors, has it moved? If it's outdoors, have tree bloomed for Spring, or wind or storms moved it at all?

As hard as it is to admit, sometimes problems using the 811 are not the fault of the 811 itself. (Ouch. It hurt to type that.) :)

I nearly fell off my chair! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)