Lost channel

Channah

Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Jax, FL 32225
WKBJ channel 20.3 (antenna) in Jax, FL.32225 (Laff) What happened to our channel? It was our favorite!!! It just disappeared one day. No warning or info.....nothing! Why??? Is there a cable version of it?? Is it just gone for good??
Thanx, Shalom, Channah

:welcome to Satelliteguys Channah!
Have you tried contacting the local station? Maybe there is an issue on their end. Have you tried a rescan?

WKBJ channel 20.3 (antenna) in Jax, FL.32225 (Laff) What happened to our channel? It was our favorite!!! It just disappeared one day. No warning or info.....nothing! Why??? Is there a cable version of it?? Is it just gone for good??
Thanx, Shalom, Channah
Were you getting it off the Antenna ?
If so, thats where I would try to pick it up again ...

IF thats the way you were doing it and using a AM21 to get it on your D* guide, I'm gonna guess that your antenna may have moved enough to disrupt it from coming in the D* side of things ... the AM21 is not as precise as the TV tuners, so it may still come in on the TV vs D* side.
If you can't get it on the antenna side, I would contact the station and see whats going on ... did they have an issue and went off air, did they go to low power ?

Were they actually on D* and no longer ?

It seems pretty clear Channah is talking about an ota channel that isn't available anymore. That's why I suggested contacting the station or doing a rescan.

Reactions: Jimbo
It seems pretty clear Channah is talking about an ota channel that isn't available anymore. That's why I suggested contacting the station or doing a rescan.
yes, however, if it coming thru the D* recvr, it may not be realized that it is actually coming off the antenna.

Your not following what I'm saying ... but thats ok.
I am, but the OP described it pretty clearly to me. Unless you are saying the receiver doesn't realize where the station is coming from.

1580062642347.png

WKBJ-LD is a low-powered digital television station that is licensed to Live Oak, Florida, United States; while Live Oak and Suwannee County is within the Tallahassee media market, the station instead serves the Jacksonville, Florida market, from its transmitter and tower located near the corner of Hogan and Newton Roads in the Brackridge neighborhood of Jacksonville, just off Florida State Road 115.

The station is owned by Sunrise, Florida-based DTV America Corporation, and it is an affiliate of FremantleMedia-operated game-show oriented network Buzzr. The station’s digital signal is broadcast on UHF channel 20.
DTV America Corporation is an owner of low-power television stations in the United States.

Majority owned by telecommunications conglomerate HC2 Holdings, DTV America stations have no local operations, and the company relies almost entirely upon the 24-hour feeds of digital subchannel networks for content. DTV America stations typically carry many digital subchannels not carried by any full-power broadcaster in each respective market. Its stations are mostly in small media markets and rural areas on the fringes of another market but too far away to be served by the major network affiliates.

If LAFF is what they lost : Find Us - Laff

Seeing as it's in the DTV forum I have to assume he watches DTV.
Watches it sure, but there was no blame assessed as to why it was removed. Like I said, until Channah comes back there is no way to tell, and no reason to speculate.

I too presumed they were talking about it being taken off of D* ... seeing its in the D* forum.
Seeing it is noted coming form an antenna, I presumed they may be missing it on thier AM21.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts