Lost Channels. Where did they go?

IBJammin

Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
MS.
I went to turn on the TV last Saturday and noticed that some of my channels would not come in. On all my local channels, I get the message something like, "There is no need to call us. We are working to fix this problem. You can still watch your non-local channels." When I turn to other channels such as HGTV, History, TNT and there are others, the message says, "You have lost signal to the satellite. Signal aquisition is in progress." It shows that screen where it does the 0 of 5 test for a few seconds. Then it goes to a screen where it gives you the option of changing channels up or down. But I can still get other channels such as TCM, TBS, ESPN and some others. We had a thunderstorm get close to my house but it soon went around us without coming over us. So I feel it couldn't have anything to do with the problem. But here it is Friday and I still can not watch those certain channels. I was wondering if any of you guys might know what the problem is.

If you want your channels back you are going to have to call Dish sooner or later. I seriously doubt you can get them back by posting in a forum. You may get all sorts of reasons for your situation, but you won't actually get any solutions here.

Try Menu 6-1-3 and tell us what it shows for satellite locations. You should not see any red X's.

What an insult

If you want your channels back you are going to have to call Dish sooner or later. I seriously doubt you can get them back by posting in a forum. You may get all sorts of reasons for your situation, but you won't actually get any solutions here.

So you don't think we can troubleshoot his problem. Little do you understand the gurus we have around here. :eek:

So you don't think we can troubleshoot his problem. Little do you understand the gurus we have around here. :eek:
Why bother, if its a bad LNB, let E* pay for it.

First Trouble shooting step would be call Dishnetwork and make sure everything is good on their end.( Like Billing, audits, Ect..) Stuff that can't be done without a phone call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)