Lost Chicago Locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eriksat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
WI
Lost my Chicago Locals yesterday, I heard that Chicago may have been taken off conus and is now spot beam only? This will affect a lot of people, snowbirds, Rv's, and guys like me with a Chicago address but 2nd home out of spot beam range. This sucks. I think Chicago locals have been on conus since they came online in 1998 or 1999? This is going to create some churn.

Were the Chicago HD locals moved to spot beam as well? According to the uplink report, it looks like it was just the SD channels that were moved.

oh darn...I guess you actually have to sub to your legit locals now

This is going to create some churn.
not really.
Dish: so why are you canceling sir?
customer: I can't get Chicago locals in North Dakota now
Dish: Sir legally you can't get Chicago locals outside of the local area
customer: so? I dont care! I want Chicago locals in Fat Cow, North Dakota!
Dish: Well sorry that we moved locals to a spotbeam that covers the legit area and now you want to leave us after doing something that isnt on the up and up. We'll send you some labels for you to send back your receivers at $15 a label. Have a good day

The HD locals were already on spot beam only, now the standard def. so now all the Chicago locals are on spot beam. It is easy to mouth off when you live in a good dma, but it sucks when you live in cow pie usa where they roll the streets up at 10:00pm and channels shut off at midnight. I still think we should be able to choose our own market this isn't Russia. Heaven forbid if I bought a Chicago newspaper instead of my local...

It is easy to mouth off when you live in a good dma, but it sucks when you live in cow pie usa where they roll the streets up at 10:00pm and channels shut off at midnight.
Your loc says Wisconsin so you must be either near Eau Claire or northern Wisconsin. Last I checked most of those dont shut off at midnight ;)
But while I live in Minneapolis I did live in some towns with bad locals. Lived in Mankato where they have 1 (now 2) stations. Lived in Duluth when they were a 4 network market (and the 4th wasn't Fox...it was PBS...yep Fox was only on cable)
But I know if I want to "move" I pick a closer area

I still think we should be able to choose our own market this isn't Russia.
sorry the NAB says otherwise. And what does Russia have to do with anything?

Heaven forbid if I bought a Chicago newspaper instead of my local...
I dont feel like typing the response to that...do some research. There are lots of well thought out responses to that ;)

The HD locals were already on spot beam only, now the standard def. so now all the Chicago locals are on spot beam. It is easy to mouth off when you live in a good dma, but it sucks when you live in cow pie usa where they roll the streets up at 10:00pm and channels shut off at midnight. I still think we should be able to choose our own market this isn't Russia. Heaven forbid if I bought a Chicago newspaper instead of my local...
Well seeing this isn't Russia you can buy a Chicago newspaper though it might take a couple of days to deliver it.

Be thankful you don't live in a DMA that has only 2 channels, mine is Channels 10 & 12 because I live just across the county line for the DMA. Dallas can be received with OTA but I can't subscribe to it.

Some of you need to take a step back and think of what you are saying.
1. Because you are going around the law, or possibly were illegally getting something, you want to blame that on Dish.

2. The law prohibits dish from giving you those channels, so, again, you are going to blame Dish.

As said above;
Oh well, the Chicago locals work just fine in the Chicago DMA........

All I can say is BO-HO-HO...
and as far as the "churn" goes, you and maybe three other people...I think Dish will survive! :rolleyes:
Good Luck tho!

you freaking ninnies can stick it.. we paid a fee for the locals, I live in Chicago and FL. when I am here in my RV I like to watch chicago locals.

stealing? hardly

and wtf is BO HO HO, is that something retarded Santa says when he brings presents to Bo Jackson's home?

Last edited:
you freaking ninnies can stick it.. we paid a fee for the locals, I live in Chicago and FL. when I am here in my RV I like to watch chicago locals.

stealing? hardly

and wtf is BO HO HO, is that something retarded Santa says when he brings presents to Bo Jackson's home?

and now you don't get to. So you can either watch the locals from where you are or you can switch providers.

Last edited:
you freaking ninnies can stick it.. we paid a fee for the locals,

Correction, you paid a fee based on where you told Dish the receiver is located. If you were located where you said you would be seeing the channels. You lied. I'm sure most of us don't really care if you did, it's that you blame it on the provider. And if you wanted to see the networks, you still could, dish allows you to change to where you are located. So again, if you followed the rules you would have the networks.

I would be in the Duluth MN dma and there networks suck. I don't know why so many smart ass do gooders here are so worried about where we get our locals from like it is hurting them some way? I guess we are hardened criminals I'm paying over $130 per month for service, but I guess I'm considered a thief? Dish could give a rats ass where you live as long as you pay your bill and they have there butt covered. What conus nets are still available to RV'er's?

Easy. NY and San Francisco. (AAD)

I agree that thief is not warranted. But you missed the real issue, as I posted. It's blaming Dish that is ridicules, because you decided to deceive them somehow makes it their fault. Most all the locals are on spot beam, what would make you think they all would not be at some point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)