lost CNN, etc. for sometime last night

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
A little before 7pm (central time) last night I noticed that I had lost CNN as well as several other channels. At the time, I was getting ESPN as well as my local ABC. I did basic check and it came back with three green boxes saying everything was good, but still no CNN. I have a 722 (with an EA dish) and subscribe to TurboHD Silver.

I was going to do a reboot, but with the BCS championship coming up I didn't want to take the time. During second half of the game, I checked and CNN was back (without me doing any kind of reboot/restart).

Now we did have some blowing snow in the St. Louis area, but I didn't have and problems last night when the snow was actually falling. Also, it was a really dry snow so I'd be surprised if stuck to the DISH.

I guess I wanted to know if anyone else saw this outage to get a better idea if a problem with my equipment/installation or something else. This is the first winter test I've had DISH (since I just signed up last year) -- so I am a bit worried my install might not be the best.

It looks like they lost a transponder (18) on 61.5 last night. They did an uplink and moved around the channels that were on it.

Maybe that was your problem.