lost CNN, etc. for sometime last night

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
A little before 7pm (central time) last night I noticed that I had lost CNN as well as several other channels. At the time, I was getting ESPN as well as my local ABC. I did basic check and it came back with three green boxes saying everything was good, but still no CNN. I have a 722 (with an EA dish) and subscribe to TurboHD Silver.

I was going to do a reboot, but with the BCS championship coming up I didn't want to take the time. During second half of the game, I checked and CNN was back (without me doing any kind of reboot/restart).

Now we did have some blowing snow in the St. Louis area, but I didn't have and problems last night when the snow was actually falling. Also, it was a really dry snow so I'd be surprised if stuck to the DISH.

I guess I wanted to know if anyone else saw this outage to get a better idea if a problem with my equipment/installation or something else. This is the first winter test I've had DISH (since I just signed up last year) -- so I am a bit worried my install might not be the best.

It looks like they lost a transponder (18) on 61.5 last night. They did an uplink and moved around the channels that were on it.

Maybe that was your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)