Lost customer on install day

Phill1060

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
NE Florida
Well I was told I would be getting the hopper with sling and the installer showed up with the old version. I called customer service and the best they would do for me is replace it for 120 dollars. I told the installer to pack it up and cancelled with dish.

I would push that up to a retention manager. If you ordered a hopper with sling, and they showed up with the wrong equipment, you shouldn't be charged just to get the other box. Talk to a DIRT member here and see what they can do.

Well I was told I would be getting the hopper with sling and the installer showed up with the old version. I called customer service and the best they would do for me is replace it for 120 dollars. I told the installer to pack it up and cancelled with dish.

Was this a free upgrade and free install as well? Sounds like the CSR probably set up the order for a Hopper 2000 and a Sling Adapter. Existing customer upgrades for the new Hopper with Sling are $200+ depending on what you qualify for and CSRs aren't even supposed to discuss the HWS unless the customer specifically mentions it. I saw a post from DIRT stating they can not do anything to lower the HWS upgrade cost.

Was this a free upgrade and free install as well? Sounds like the CSR probably set up the order for a Hopper 2000 and a Sling Adapter. Existing customer upgrades for the new Hopper with Sling are $200+ depending on what you qualify for and CSRs aren't even supposed to discuss the HWS unless the customer specifically mentions it. I saw a post from DIRT stating they can not do anything to lower the HWS upgrade cost.

He ordered on January 11, even before the Hopper 2 was in the system. Of course he got Hopper 2000... ;)

This happened to me today as well. I placed my order through Frontier 2.5 weeks ago. Install was supposed to be today. Tech called and I asked him if had the new Hopper on the truck as that is what the Frontier rep promised me. He said he did not so I told him not to come out. Spoke to two customer loyalty reps, neither of which would provide me the new Hopper unless I paid $200. Then, the installer's company started calling me from MI and I told them to cancel. They needed me on the phone with a Frontier rep to cancel the install. Well, after a 45 min call with the Frontier rep she said she has Dish willing to install the new Hopper this coming Monday. We'll see if it happens. If so, looks like persistence is needed.

ok I got ahold of Dish proper and they are hooking me up. I wish I had found this website before I went through Infinity Dish. That is what I get for responding to junk mail. Not only that but my neighbor has dish so we both got $50 for it. I almost went with Directtv glad I didn't I really don't like the direct TV little extra charges...In the end billing for dish is straight forward. Wish I could change the title of the thread now

Why should it be? The Hopper 2000 wasn't. Want more? Pay more!

Well, actually the Hopper has always been freen to new customers as long as they subscribed to qualifying programming. There is only a cost when upgrading to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts