Lost discovery in HD

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Just now I was watching the skywire event and all of the sudden it started pixelating and the hopper tuned the SD version. When it first switched I started hearing a "hizzing" sound with the audio. I had to switch channels a couple of times to get the SD channel to sound normal.
My setup is 110/119 with a duo node serving two hoppers.
Anyone else?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

We had a bit of heavy rain the other night while I was watching SPEED's coverage of the LeMans 24-hour race. The picture started to pixel-ate because of heavy cloud cover and the Hopper automatically switched to the SD feed. A message popped up on the screen saying something like, due to low signal strength this channel as been switched over to the SD feed. I waited a few minutes and pulled up the guide to re-tune back to the HD feed. Your issue might have been a combination of some issue with Discovery's feed triggering the auto-switch to SD on the Hopper. Not sure what caused your audio problems though.

Just now I was watching the skywire event and all of the sudden it started pixelating and the hopper tuned the SD version. When it first switched I started hearing a "hizzing" sound with the audio. I had to switch channels a couple of times to get the SD channel to sound normal.
My setup is 110/119 with a duo node serving two hoppers.
Anyone else?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
How are you getting Discovery HD w/o 129?

This pretty squarely places the issue with the OP's receiving setup and/or the local weather at the time.

Yup! I just checked and The signal is bouncing on the meter ex 73 the. It drops to 50 and quickly returns back to 73. Will be calling to have a tech align the dish.