Lost Guid Info on my DVR6412, Help!

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
Last night on 12/24/06, the plug on my Moto DVR 6412 got pulled accidentally, now my epg is just a blank chart with just the channel numbers and no info, and I can not access the menu either. I can access my recordings however, but no way to make new ones. I have tried re-booting several times but still no guide info and the cable company tech tried with a couple of hits last night to no avail, the last one said that she was not receiving a signal from it, so I disconnected the box from my distribution amp and connected it directly to the wall and went to bed, today still no guide info. Is their a fix or am I going to have to go to my local Comcast office on Tuesday and give up all of my recordings and get an exchange for a new DVR?

Last night on 12/24/06, the plug on my Moto DVR 6412 got pulled accidentally, now my epg is just a blank chart with just the channel numbers and no info, and I can not access the menu either. I can access my recordings however, but no way to make new ones. I have tried re-booting several times but still no guide info and the cable company tech tried with a couple of hits last night to no avail, the last one said that she was not receiving a signal from it, so I disconnected the box from my distribution amp and connected it directly to the wall and went to bed, today still no guide info. Is their a fix or am I going to have to go to my local Comcast office on Tuesday and give up all of my recordings and get an exchange for a new DVR?

I believe your issue is related to your cables. This could include an amp or even a connector coming loose which happened to me once and caused this so just a quick turn to the right corrected it.

I believe your issue is related to your cables. This could include an amp or even a connector coming loose which happened to me once and caused this so just a quick turn to the right corrected it.

I have tried tightning the cables and removing my distribution amp and going straight into the wall, and I could still not get the guide info and menu to download. It does not appear to be a cable or amp problem.

You shouldnt need a new box, try taking it to another room plugging it in their and boot it up, usally it grabs that info at boot, sometimes takes just a min or two.. But make sure your AMP is plugged in at the wall so it has power.

Do your other tvs work fine? and dont take the box to comcast have a tech come repair it if they cant fix it over the phone. A "Hit" only resets the box with the info you could do that with a reboot. A "Hit" doesnt fix much problems.

Success!!!!! Thanks guys for your suggestions, however what finally worked was that I decided to do a re-boot one last time last knight 12/25 and I then left the DVR off over the knight wile I slept, when I woke up this morning and turned on the TV and DVR, I noticed Sportscenter in the bottom bar, checked epg and it was working, hoooray!!!! Presently the listings only go out about 10 hours , but at least it has started the process. :) :) :)

You should be able to scroll through to say tommrow and it should say "Loading Data" and jsut wait for it to grab the info.. Least thats how it works in BHN Orlando.

Those wierdo tenneseeians.... :D

Comcast uses different software and sadly the guide system isn't two-way like with BHN in Tampa Bay and Central Florida. So with Comcast you have no way to request specific guide data so all you can do is just wait until the OOB tuner sends the guide data to the boxes and just hope to god the box doesn't reboot again. That is the only feature I miss that BHN had honestly.

AT&T Introduces U-verse in Bay Area

AT&T U-verse Bay Area Channel Directory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)