Lost HD Files Directv Replaced R16 With R15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr.Chips

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I was out of town for a 30 days, came back and I could not change the channel on my R16, then it did a auto reset. After that I received all chanels. I then pressed "LIST" and there weren't any files on the hard drive, lost all my shows!!!!!

Called Directv and they said they would send out another unit. They asked if there was a power failure, and I could tell by the digital Clocks that there wasn't a power failure, and the unit is plugged into a surge protector. (the clocks that don't have battery backup were not blinking 12:00). They could not explain why I lost all the recorded shows.

About an hour later I was watching TV and the screen went snowy and it reset by it's self again. I called DirectV again and they had me do a reset and reformat the hard disk. I did not get any random automatic resets after that.

The replacement arrived today and it was a R15, and over a year old. Called Directv and they said the R15 was a refurbished unit.

My question is, is a R15 as good as a R16, and did I loose any features??? And why did they send me a refurbished unit rather than a new one??

Frustrated with DirectV !!!!

They own the receivers and they replace them with refurbished units with similar features. The lease concept is no different than the leased decoder from a cable company.

Basically a new technology D* has that reduces the amount of lines needed from the dish and for Dual Tuners.

they prefer to recycle theyr units rather than just scrap them once theyve malfunctioned.... the only real difference between the two is the r15 has more pretty lights,but needs more head clearence as its taller

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)