Lost local HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Like I said, I have 4 receivers, but only one is HD. I tried it on a different line but it did not fix the problem. The Terk splitter may have not worked well, but it was not wired wrong, and the locals (and other HD's I didn't used to get) were working for a few days. I guess I could measure the output of the LNBs right there at the antenna by moving the receiver and connecting a monitor to test transponder levels.

I am not to worried about the signal levels really, but LNBs also provide switching, so if it is faulty or going bad it would need to be replaced obviously. The multi-sat LNBs do more than just capture the signal and sent it down the RG6.

I would also see if you have a buddy that has a HD unit you could test at your house. If the problem occurs then its you lines and or LNB, if not then its your receiver.

No offense, but are you reading what I am posting? The receiver, B-block, and LNB's have all been replaced. I just tried directly connecting new RG6 cable directly from the dish to the receiver. There are no switches, splitters, or anything else. I also tried adjusting the azimuth and elevation, and was unable to get any 103b transponders to read other than 0. Still get "searching for satellite signal (771)" on all local HDs, MAXHD and MAXWHD. The system worked for 2 days after I removed the Terk splitters, which were connected correctly.

This makes absolutely no sense. There is nothing left to replace!

I scheduled another service call. The tech who came out insisted on checking things out that I told him I had already tried (re-aligning the dish, checking cable trustworthiness), but he eventually replaced the receiver and that fixed the problem. So, my first HD receiver lasted 104 days (2 weeks past the 90-day warranty), and the new receiver that was installed a week ago lasted 2 days. A friend has gone through 4 receivers. When I set up the service call and explained the problem, I told her that the tech better come equipped with new LNB's, B-block converter and receiver, since one of them had likely failed. She said, "We're not supposed to give you a new receiver." The service tech said that indeed they are having problems with these receivers. Of course he tried to sell me the $7/mo service contract, which I declined. (A normal service call is $80.) Pretty pathetic to have a 90-day warranty on a receiver that apparently has a known design problem. I would advise everyone to keep plenty of airflow around the receiver, as it could be a heat problem. And pay attention to your 90-day warranty. It might be worth getting the service contract on the 89th day. But we should all consider whether a class-action lawsuit might force DirecTV down a better path.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)