Lost Locals...

Fert

Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
I have had dish for a while now, and with the exception of a few stormy days with touchy signal I have not had any real signal problems until yesterday. It now keeps loosing signal when I am watching any of my locals. I checked my signal strength and here is what I got:

110 = 97
119 = 104
105 = 37, but only on even transponders

I check the switch and after a long wait I get a reception error with red "X"'s under the 105.

I was wondering if there is anything that I could do to fix this or if this is a problem that would take specialized equipment to fix? If I can do something can someone point me towards a good tutorial on how to do it?

Take Care,
Michael

OK, I got it fixed the quick and dirty way. I had my fiancee sit in here looking at the signal strength and I "Manipulated" the dish and we played the "Hotter Colder" game till I figured out what direction it needed to head. Once I got that I just made the adjustment by loosening the bolts rotating it and then re-tightening them. it turns out it was the azimuth that needed adjusting, and that could be because of a combination of high winds the past few days and the fact that it is mounted on a 4x4 post in my backyard that would be prone to warping.

At least I can do it now and it works :)

Take Care,
Michael

You touched your dish!? <GASP> :eek:

You were supposed to pay me $50 to come over and do that! You're not qualified! Who know's what you've just done to your system!

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)