Samsung and Remote Prob

Pils

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2004
I have an 811 used on a Samsung PPM 42S3 Plasma and the 811 remote control does not work well with this tv. When I change the volume on a normal tv, you can hold the volume up button and the volume will continually increase. However, on this tv, when the button is held, the volume only goes up/down one notch at a time. And when tapping the button, it works sporadic. So to increase the volume say 10 notches, it takes about 20 seconds and probably 25 taps.

Anyone with Samsungs not working with the E* remote? It is not a faulty 811 remote because it works fine on all other tvs. And I tried several other E* remotes on this same tv but all have the same problem. But if I use the samsung remote, the volume function works perfect. So it lies in the programming within the remote and hopefully they will fix this in future releases. Just curious because it sucks when you turn the tv on and someone left it real loud and takes 20 seconds to quiet it down. Also sucks because the 811 has some channels considerably louder than others, like HD and SD.

I have noticed this with a few high end sets. the proper code isn't in the remotes, sorry not much you can do about it

remote problems

I had the same problem. The first code that works the remote isn't actually the best one. The dish users guide lists about 25 codes for my Samsung. I got about half way through the codes and used "murphy's law". I skipped to the last one(738 I think) and it worked. My tv works perfectly now with my 811 remote. It's funny, I had the same problem with my old directtv remote and never figured it out.

good luck,
Sean

Yeah, I have tried the above with no luck. I also scanned all codes and nothing. Hopefully they will support these tvs in future remotes. Thanks anyways.

It's the Samsung tv. I do installs and run into this all the time, I also have 2 Samsung tv's. I don't know why but they just respond badly to the remotes. It's every Samsung tv not just certain models, so it has to be something in the way they control the volume in their tv's.

When I bought a home theater system, I took my 921 remote with me to Circuit City and tried out every unit on display till I found one I liked and my remore operated,