Lost Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
Anyone else lose their locals last night about 1:30 pm for almost 2 hours? I'm in the Birmingham DMA. Wonder what caused it?

Locals come from spotbeams, which are specific to your area. National channels are CONUS signals. There can be an issue with a spotbeam and not the national channels

Locals come from spotbeams, which are specific to your area. National channels are CONUS signals. There can be an issue with a spotbeam and not the national channels

I see. Could this also be the reason we are getting the sporadic 1 second freeze and interruption on the channels?

As an example of the issues I am having I was just away from the TV for 10/15 minutes and when I came back the channel I was watching (CBS 42) was frozen. I used the swap button to switch to another channel (Fox 6), I use PIP a lot. It was blank for a couple of seconds and then came in.

I had the same loss of locals issue a few weeks ago although signal strength was high. Was out for 15 minutes that I'm sure of but could have been longer. Has been fine ever since? Never found out what caused it.

The one second freeze and pixelation issues seems to have cleared up. Many thanks to everyone that had a hand in fixing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts