Lost my free Charter TV

Sparkman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Charlotte,NC
Have Charter internet and was able to get Charter's TV basic channels free, but they just came thru our neighborhood and put filters on the poles to block the TV signal. It was a good backup when weather knocks out signal. Oh, well.

I had a few free channels with Cox, but they blocked them a long time ago.

My cox channels are still free with internet in Tulsa but our Cox internet in Las vegas has the local basic channels blocked.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Charter is supposedly in the process of converting all their markets to 100% digital anyway and when they do that I thought they were going to start just encrypting all of the QAM, if they would just encrypt it all then traps would no longer be needed.

Yep it's just a matter of time.Isn't there some sort of free box for just the locals?

Charter is supposedly in the process of converting all their markets to 100% digital anyway and when they do that I thought they were going to start just encrypting all of the QAM, if they would just encrypt it all then traps would no longer be needed.

Here in Minneapolis Lifeline is still QAM but everything is digital

Yep it's just a matter of time.Isn't there some sort of free box for just the locals?

yes. Here in Comcast territory when they converted everything above Lifeline to digital they offered 2 DTA boxes....simple boxes that got the channels but no guide and only a RF out

Did a rescan and now about 12 channels are coming thru. Local networks, CSPAN, QVC, HSN & WGN America. Wish we could get the digital subchannels, but at least if we lose signal, I have local stations. We're too far from Nashville to get anything OTA.

Did a rescan and now about 12 channels are coming thru. Local networks, CSPAN, QVC, HSN & WGN America. Wish we could get the digital subchannels, but at least if we lose signal, I have local stations. We're too far from Nashville to get anything OTA.

Are the locals sd or hd?

interesting that you can't get the subchannels in QAM

Locals are sd, 4x3. I was surprised that the subchannels didn't show up as well. Miss out on THIS-TV and a 24 local newschannel. I was getting a ton of rain fade, called D* and they came out and replaced the lnb and tweaked the dish . Much better.

Locals are sd, 4x3. I was surprised that the subchannels didn't show up as well. Miss out on THIS-TV and a 24 local newschannel. I was getting a ton of rain fade, called D* and they came out and replaced the lnb and tweaked the dish . Much better.

Here,the locals are sd but they are stretched,or over scanned,they actually look pretty decent for sd.We get a couple of the sub channels,they are digital though.

Have Charter internet and was able to get Charter's TV basic channels free, but they just came thru our neighborhood and put filters on the poles to block the TV signal. It was a good backup when weather knocks out signal. Oh, well.

You are not supposed to get basic channels at all with the internet only package. Someone likely put the wrong trap up and when the auditor came out this year to check, he seen it and put the proper trap on

You are not supposed to get basic channels at all with the internet only package. Someone likely put the wrong trap up and when the auditor came out this year to check, he seen it and put the proper trap on

Moot point these days. Charter has gone 100% digital and encrypted just about everything. Trapless you're only going to get the PPV preview channel now.

When it goes all digital, it will be all encrypted. Charter markets that have already gone 100% digital have confirmed that there are no clear QAM channels at all.

When it goes all digital, it will be all encrypted. Charter markets that have already gone 100% digital have confirmed that there are no clear QAM channels at all.

My market (Fort Worth) is 100% digital and I do get one clear QAM, it's either the PPV preview channel or the welcome to charter channel.

Moot point these days. Charter has gone 100% digital and encrypted just about everything. Trapless you're only going to get the PPV preview channel now.
Exactly!! I never understood why they put a filter on my drop to attenuate the free QAM channels and a few weeks later went to 100% encrypted digital service. What a waste of money- -absolute proof Pico Brain runs management. (I have DirecTV so there was no theft of service anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts