Lost my program guide

shotgunpaul

Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
I have two 311 receivers and both simultaneously lost the program guide. All boxes show "no info" and the box shows no progress bars as it searches for info. Reboot of receivers did not help. Dish Tech Support had no idea what might be wrong , just offered to lease me two new receivers. Help!!!

unplug boxes
wait 1 minute
replug in
let cycle through

if that doesnt work redo a check switch. That usually kickstarts it

:eurekarun check switch test, basically running the test will check if you do have sat signal wherein the EPG is being sent to you, but if the problem is within the that definitely caused that issue:eureka

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. Did the "unplug" reboot, no help. Check switch test came back as "no switch detected". Any further thoughts?

no switch detected sounds like something else

unhook the cable from the satellite ot the box and rerun check switch to clear it out

then rehook cable back up and rerun check switch

You have a wiring or lnb problem now. Or dish has got knocked out of alignment.

I tried Mr Iceberg's suggestion of unhooking the dish from the receiver and rerunning check switch and then hooking it back up and rerunning check switch - still no switch detected , still no programming guide. I get all my programming just fine with reasonable signal strengths, it is just the guide that doesn't work. Thanks for your efforts, I really appreciate them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)