LOST on ABC-HD Chicago is stuttering!

midnightblues

Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Anyone else having this stuttering video problem with ABC-7 HD Chicago tonight? I am recording a rerun of LOST right now, but the picture stutters periodically. It's almost unbearable. I checked other HD channels and there's no problem with video playback.

I even checked the OTA HD version of ABC-7 Chicago and that's playing smooth. I don't get where the problem is at and how I can explain this situation to customer service so that they can solve it.

It's two weeks in a row w/ this problem w/ LOST on the dish locals.

I got one 722. That's it.

Thanks anyways.

YES! I was wondering if it was just me or not but I have the same problem, but for me it has been for 3 weeks at least. The video stuttering happens all through out lost. It looks like the video lags for a second and then jumps ahead. Sometimes it seems to almost lose signal completely. We should contact dish quality, I forget the email address, maybe someone else can provide that.

i had that problem just the other day and i just had to reset the 622 and it was all better once it came back up

yep, having the same problem.. Hubby's on the phone with Dish Network now. He tried to discribe it, and the best he came to an explaination was something similiar to the girl from The Ring. He had us reset our box, too. We thought it was just us! Glad it's not.

well, dish said it was a problem with our box, and they are aware of it and working on a patch to fix it. We have the 722. Resetting it doesn't help. So much for the upgraded box!

Same prob w/ over the Air Signal

I just thought I'd post to let you know, I had same prob w/ over the air HD signal. Just got a new TV. I cheaped out and bought a Vizio, so I figured it was the TV. I'm not having probs on NBC so maybe it IS the signal.

I thought it was just me. I figured it was due to the fact that I was recording 3 shows at once and the box couldn't keep up. But I've only noticed it with "Lost" the past few weeks.

I have the same problem! happened for the last two weeks. BUT, I recorded the episode OTA as well last night and it turned out fine. So I have a feeling its something to do with Dish's WLS HD feed. But its so strange since the problem only occurs with LOST, and no other show or program!

I guess I'll try resetting the receiver and cross my fingers for next week's episode...

Same problem last couple of weeks with Lost with a 722. Seems to go away once the show is about 20 minutes in. So, seems to be a Chicago signal issue that they resolve at the station versus a software problem on the 722. Don't buy the software problems with video playback of a reciever. It just plays back what it gets from the dish. Personally I think the Chicago channel was over compressing it....

Same problem last couple of weeks with Lost with a 722. Seems to go away once the show is about 20 minutes in. So, seems to be a Chicago signal issue that they resolve at the station versus a software problem on the 722. Don't buy the software problems with video playback of a reciever. It just plays back what it gets from the dish. Personally I think the Chicago channel was over compressing it....

But why would it be fine OTA then? I'm in Chicago and recorded Lost OTA and on the WLS HD Dish channel. And there's no problems with the OTA, just the Dish one...

same stuttering problems on my 622 but only on WLS ABC HD, OTA worked fine last night (although my OTA ABC station doesn't have DD audio yet).
restarting the 622 does not help

Watching the oscars, and WLS is going choppy off and on again. Anyone else notice this?

sigh WLS is still choppy. Watching LOST last night and watching Grey's Anatomy rerun now. Anyone else still having problems?

My local NBC station often has this problem over both OTA and Sat. I have confirmed it by checking the OTA signal directly into the ATSC tuner on my TV, and it shows the same issue. I think it is the stations cheaping out on the HD hardware. I never have this problem on FOX, ABC, or CBS.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts