Lost OTA Signal

cpapjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Getzville, NY
I have a 722 receiver connected via HDMI to my TV and I also have an OTA antenna connected to the receiver. My question is this: I had to disconnect everything to install my new tv and stand last week, and since then, I no longer have my OTA channels. If I try to re-scan, it comes up with nothing. I checked all of the connections coming from the antenna and all are good. Is is possible the OTA tuner went bad?

Are you sure you did not hook the antenna to the UHF antenna port? Analogue type set to AIR, not cable?

Are you sure you did not hook the antenna to the UHF antenna port? Analogue type set to AIR, not cable?

I am certain that it's connected to the correct port. I am not certain the Analogue type is set to AIR though. :rolleyes: I will have to check that when I get home later.

You could hook the OTA line directly to your TV to check for signal. If you are getting a signal through the OTA line, try a power button reset on your receiver. You could also try deleting all the OTA channels and then try a re-scan.

You could hook the OTA line directly to your TV to check for signal. If you are getting a signal through the OTA line, try a power button reset on your receiver. You could also try deleting all the OTA channels and then try a re-scan.

Yeah, I thought about connecting the OTA line directly to my TV, but the cable isn't long enough. It'd be a bit of work to get a line long enough to reach and that will be my last resort if it comes down to that.

I have tried resetting the receiver already and I did try re-scanning, but I didn't delete the OTA channels prior to doing that. I will try that if KAB's suggestion doesn't work or isn't the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts