lost Prime Time Anytime

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
After moving to the Buzzards Bay area for a few days, we lost Prime Time Anytime. We are on the western Arc and the 110, 119 and 129 sats signals are 50 or better. New guide fro Boston, MA area downloaded a few days ago but not indication of PT of any of the show listings.

After about 30 minutes with a Dish Tech I was told that for the Boston Area the PT was only available on the 61.5 eastern Arc sat. Can anyone confirm this, I just find it hard to believe that there is nothing on the 129.

We are using the Hopper 3 with the advanced LNBs

They are correct. You have SD locals, which do not qualify for PTAT. Need the EA satellites for PTAT to work on the Boston locals.

Thanks for confirming that. I just thought it was strange, have never been in this area before.

Yup. That is why I am using a EA ground tripod when I have a WA automatic dish on my roof. I want PTAT and I prefer HD channels too.

Thanks for confirming that. I just thought it was strange, have never been in this area before.

It will happen anytime you are getting only the SD version of the locals. If you were getting the Boston locals off the Eastern Arc you would have PTAT those locals as are many others are only in HD on the Eastern Arc.

I thought PTAT also worked if all you had was SD locals, maybe I'm mistaken.

Perhaps that's why my Hopper 2 was so confused with a split arc setup (61.5/110/119/129 with SD locals on 110 and HD locals on 61.5) and PTAT did not work properly.

I believe if you are in a DMA that only has SD Locals, then PTAT is enabled. But if there are HD Locals, then only the HD channels can be PTAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa8 and ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)