Checking signal strength on Hopper 3?

comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
IMG 0019
I'm having trouble checking signal levels. I go into Settings, then Diagnostics, then Dish. I'm not sure what to do then. It won't let me choose which satellite and which transponder, only active tuners. Is there a way to dial in a certain satellite and transponder number without having to be tuned to a channel on that transponder?

Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I just changed all 3 by going over one click and then selecting which one I want to change and then click on it. For example, I bring up Dish screen on Diagnostics. Next I arrow right and it brings me to Tuner. Now I arrow down and it brings me to Satellite. Once there I press Select and I get a drop down that allows me to change Satellites. So, If I am at 119 Inarrow up twice and it brings me to 110. Then I press Select again and I am on 110....

Reactions: charlesrshell
comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I just changed all 3 by going over one click and then selecting which one I want to change and then click on it. For example, I bring up Dish screen on Diagnostics. Next I arrow right and it brings me to Tuner. Now I arrow down and it brings me to Satellite. Once there I press Select and I get a drop down that allows me to change Satellites. So, If I am at 119 Inarrow up twice and it brings me to 110. Then I press Select again and I am on 110....

When I try to change satellites, it shows a dash ( - )

Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
My H2 lets me select Tuner, Satellite or transponder.

comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Must be a CUI glitch. After a reboot it went away. Now the menu is populated with satellite lists.