Lost Sat. 110 ....129 & 119 also weak.

leech lake

Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
mpls
Hi, I installed a 1000.2 @ my cabin prior to the leaves being on the trees. Went up this past weekend & have signal strength 29 on 129, signal strength 40 on 119 & a red X for 110.
It worked fine 3 weeks ago but foliage has probably thickened a bit since then... I suspect either trees or possibly some wind moved the dish. I do have a signal finder ($20) type I used when I installed it.
Any professional advice on order of troubleshooting steps I should take would be greatly appreciated.
Is wind moving dishes very common? It's a roof installation right off shore of a large lake.

Thanks in advance,
Leech Lake

Depends on how or what you have it mounted to.If its a solid mount and all the bolts are tightened then it should not move.If its on a pole mount or say a 4x4 then yes wind could certainly knock it out of alignment.However my guess is leaves,it doesn't take them long to decrease or block signal entirely.If you can safely cut a few limbs that's what I would try.

Look at dishpointer.com an pinpoint your cabin's exact location and enter the satellites you are missing, one by one.

This will show you an aerial photograph of your cabin and you can see the lines to the satelite - it will help you pinpoint which limbs need to be lopped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts