dish 625 in rv

Nan300z

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Washington state
I spent over half an hour with Dish getting my 625 all hooked up in our rv. I now have spent 3 days trying to figure out how to get the remote in the bedroom to work on satellite mode. We hung up thinking all would work fine. NOT! It works on tv mode fine. I have read the manual so much I could probably write it myself. For some reason, the remote is not working on satellite mode with the tv set #2 on channel 73 as the manual said to program. I have changed the addresses to 7 for both #1 & #2 tv's to eliminate interference. I have checked the batteries, reprogrammed the remote. The tv is in the wall, so I have no access to its back. I have run the channel scans over and over. I am missing something somewhere, and it is driving me nuts!!! I have read post after post about the 2nd receiver not working for others, but I think the rv is probably unique. Oh, I can get the same channels as my TV#1 , but I cannot get the remote to recognize changing the channels for #2 tv. I hope I am making this understandable. Please help me. :confused: Nan300z

I really don't understand what you are saying.. But first off.. For tv1 you should set the freq at #1 or #2 or # 3.. The set the freq for tv2 at say #8. Also make sure the recv is in dual mode??? The little orange light on the front.. Should be in dual mode..

Are you seeing the same picture on tv1 has tv2?? If so it is in single mode..

It is in dual mode. All lights are on on the receiver. The UHF is connected. I just cannot get the #2 tv to recognize the remote in the Satellite mode so I can watch something different than the #1 tv.

So what is on tv2 is exactly what is on tv1??? If you change the channel on tv1 does it change the channel on tv2??

I think you need to change the address or freq on the remotes.They should not be on the same number.Go in front of the TV1 with booth remotes.. With remote number 1 hit Menu twice.. Then with the number 2 remote. press and hold the sat button on the top until all the lights flash on.. Then press number 8 then the # button.. The sat button will flash 3 times.. Then hit the record button.. You should be able to see the remote address for number 2 change to 8.. Get the the number 1 remote and press and hold the sat button on the top until all the lights flash on.. Then press number 1 then the # button.. The sat button will flash 3 times.. Then hit the record button. Then cancel back to reg screen and try that out..

Last edited:
Thanks, I have changed the addresses to 1 on tv#1 and 7 on tv#2 a couple of times. Nothing. I do not get a picture of any kind on tv#2. The remote will not work in the SAT mode, only tv mode.

Did you check how the receiver Modular Setup was set (Air / Cable) and did you set the bedroom TV input to match?

I have tried air, cable, and satellite both on tv#2 and machine in front of rv that controls the back tv. When I put air, I get about 6 digital channels off the tv mode, but still nothing with the satellite mode. I have put channel 60 air like the manual says. I have switched back and forth to channel 73; no wonder the remote doesn't work. (It wants me to make up my mind I guess.) Then I run a channel scan on tv#2 to make sure the channels aren't skipped. I just don't know how to unblock the remote to make it work with tv#2. Glad to see jbull answering. Any more mh tips? What channel do you have your #2 tv on? All air? Where do you have your receiver? Mine was in the cupboard over the driver; then I put it on the steering wheel thinking that would help the UHF. No difference. We have a 38' class A. Thanks so much everyone. Keep coming with the answers. Something has to work.

and machine in front of rv that controls the back tv
What machine. Do you have one of those TV distribution switch boxes?

I read the posts by Nan300z and I had a problem determining exactly what is wanted. I see remotes and TVs mentioned. Is the problem with the remote or the TV?

If the TV; Can the TV received video from the DVR using the buttons on the TV?

If the remote; Can you take the remote and stand in front of the receiver and try it. Does it work there?

I bought a Dish 625. No boxes. Problem is with #2 remote not working with #2 tv in Sat. mode. I will go try standing in front of the receiver to see if it does anything with the #2 tv. Be back.

Problem is with #2 remote not working with #2 tv in Sat. mode.
Just trying to clarify things.

By this do you mean the remote doesn't change the receiver channels? I.e. remote not controlling the receiver.

Or

Do you mean with the remote in Sat mode, the TV volume control doesn't work? I.E. remote not controlling TV.

I have a 322 in the cabinet above the passenger side. Last time out I was having a similar problem and out of flustration I reseated the "smart Card" and everything worked. Had to do that several times when changing campgrounds. When I got home and hooked it up to home dish, had no problems. For what is worth I have no idea why that worked for me. For info, I am using a Dish 500 on a tri-pod feeding though cable port to Winegard amplified distribution box.

Nothing works in Sat mode, no sound, no picture, no channels. Only tv mode allows me to do sound, etc.
I have to leave for an appointment. Will be back this afternoon for more help. Thanks so much.

Pulling the card hasn't been done yet. We had a dish put on the roof, so all I do is plug in the receiver. No more looking for satellites. What do you have your #2 tv channel set on? 60 air? Be back this afternoon. Thanks so much.

I speculate that the wiring of the TV2 backfeed in the "Winegard amplified distribution box" is incomplete. The OP says he gets OTA channels on TV2, but no 625 output whatsoever. We can work on the TV2 remote problem (if it exists) once we see a signal from the 625 on TV2. IIRC, when all 4 lights on the front panel are on, then he should be able to scan and find the RF output of that receiver, regardless of the remote. So... I don't think the Home Distribution output of the 625 is getting to his TV2.

I think only the port to OTA antenna is amplified. All the other are input/output select switches. I have cabled mine up so that I can use a converter for OTA TV as I still have analog type TV's. Using VCR and aux inputs and outputs one can come up with several combinations. Make sure you have a label maker. I am using channel 50 for TV 2 but most any will work up in that area (50to 70). As you stated I also had nothing on TV2 but if I switched to output TV1 was looking at I could get that on TV2 plus OTA if selected. Smart card reset cleared problem for me. Why I don't know, I didn't argue with success. If it happens again I will check that I am on Air mode and reset Smart Card, hope it works. Had a 211 for a while but got tired of watching wife's choices. Picked up 322 off of Ebay for less than postage to mail it.

We can speculate a whole lot but until Nan300z defines the configuration better, it is wasted effort.

Is there a distribution box? We still don't know. Nan300z never said there was a distribution box. The last thing we should assume is that the help from Dish included how to cable TV2 in an RV.

The first thing to solve is video from the 625 to the bedroom TV. You don't need the remote for that.