dish 625 in rv

Dish 625

I do not have a box only the 625 receiver. I can watch the same picture as on tv#1 when it is off dual. Dish only helped me set up the receiver connecting all the cables. Nothing about tv#2. How can I manually use the receiver to see if tv #2 will work? Thanks

I just pulled the smart card and put it back in, nothing. How do I scan for the RF output? #2 remote does nothing with the main receiver. I just pointed it to the UHF signal and nothing happened. I keep getting a message that says I cannot do a function because the tv#2 is on when it isn't. It asks if I want to go ahead anyway. I click yes. I am puzzled why the #2 remote will work turning the tv on/off and menu for the tv, but nothing on SAT.

A lot of people think that TV2 is wireless.. It is not..Only the remote is wirelesS..UHF You have to have a coax cable from the back of the 625 recv it is a yellow connection.. It has to go to TV2..

Yes, I have 3 hookups. One to tv1, tv2, and a yellow one that says ch21-69 out. There is nowhere else to plus anything in except for the white, red, yellow cables that are always on the back of the receiver. There is no way I can put cable in the back of tv#2 in the rv. TV#2 is flush against the wall. I was told that is what the yellow cord is for.

If you were able to change the address on the TV2 remote, it is already linked to the rec. It is changing the tv to 73 because it is stuck in SAT Auto-Tune mode. I'm guessing you buoght the rec and remotes used.

If I remember, to disable SAT Auto–Tune:

1. Press and hold SAT button until all four mode buttons light up.
2. Press STAR (*) then press VOLUME DOWN.
3. Press POUND (#). The SAT button should flash 3 times to indicate SAT Auto-Tune was disabled.

As far as no picture on TV2, it sounds like a wiring issue inside the RV
Can you run a test cable from the tv2 output straight to the tv?

Yep if they have always been on the same channel.. It is a wiring issue in the RV.. Best thing is to get a tech out there that has the tools to test witch lines are witch..

is TV 1 running on ch 3? If so, that line may have been split to TV2. See if the TV1 picture shows up on TV2 on ch 3

No, it doesn't. The only way I can get a picture on tv 2 is to use the tv remote not the #2 satellite remote. It will change fine to other channels on the air or cable. But once I try to use the #2 satellite remote, it goes to 60 air and does nothing else.

Okay, we are getting a better picture. Before, you had a single receiver. How was the living room TV connected to the single receiver?

While we are checking things out, do you have two satellite in coax cables?

Last edited:
The #1 tv is in our rv, so the #2 tv is in the bedroom. We had a regular 501 dishplayer before. I wanted to watch shows different than my husband, so I bought the 625. The 501 was just hooked up like any dish receiver. Never any problems getting a picture in the #2 room or hooking up to cable when at a campground and watching cable in there or even outside. So this just doesn't make sense to me. Something has to be blocking the #2 remote from being able to work the #2 tv on the satellite button. Am I making sense?

How is TV1 connected to the 625? With a coax cable or with component cables.

I am looking at the manual for a 625.
The coax cable connections from left to right, facing the back, are Sat In 1, Sat In 2, Remote Antenna, CH 21-69 (Home Distribution), TV CH 3-4 (TV1), TV Antenna/Cable In (TV1).

The cable that should go to the bedroom TV should be connected to CH 21-69. There is probably a coax to the TV Antenna/Cable In connection from the TV antenna. Since you said you have three cables, then I am assuming the third goes to CH 3-4 and goes to the front TV.

Is this how the cables are connected?

Yes, that is how it is connected, #1 in, #2 in, yellow 21-69, uhf, and tv 3-4 out. I have nothing plugged in to tv/antenna cable in. Is that the problem! Oh my gosh. But where does it go? Do I have to use a splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts