dish 625 in rv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will ask one more time, how is the front TV connected to the receiver?

Was the second Sat In cable there and not connected to the 501, or where did it come from?

This sure sounds like you have a TV Distribution Switch, a box with push-buttons on the front with markings like TV1 (Satellite, Ant, VCR, AUX) TV2( Sat, Ant, VCR, AUX) , VCR (etc.)

Do you have one of these near the receiver? Do you have a VCR?

Yes, I have one of those on the other side of the tv. No vcr or anything else hooked up to it. I have it on antenna.
Firefox just crashed on me on my laptop, so I am on another pc.
My receiver is wired: black cord from satellite in/from satellite. Coax cable is tv3-4 out/to satellite. I have nothing in the cable in slot. Should there be?

Here is how you were probably wired with the 501. One cable from the satellite dish (you never said if it was a roof or a ground tripod).

One cable from the 3-4 Output to an input of that switch box. That switch box fed the signal to the front TV using coax and to the bedroom TV using coax.

With the 625, you to have the 3-4 cable from the 501 moved to the 3-4 cable of the 625.

You will need to add a coax from the CH 21-69 to a new inpuit of that Distribution Switch, probably AUX or VCR IN.

Then if you push the button on the Distribution Switch for TV2 and whatever Input you choose, the 625 TV2 signal should be going to the bedroom TV. Since the receiver output is label 21-69, I would check the modulator to see it is set for a channel in that range. Set the bedroom TV to the same channel. That should get a display on the TV.

Now some realities. You only have one input cable. Depending on what dish you have, that will limit you to only one tuner working A roof dish you will be limited. A ground tripod might be able to feed both tuners. That is a later thing.

If your front TV has more inputs than coax, component cable, I would recommend that you connect the front TV directly top the 625.

Once you have a display on the bedroom TV then you can work on the remote. The remote is not necessary for the bedroom TV to show anything. That can all be controlled by the buttons on the TV. You should be able to get the bedroom TV to the channel you selected/checked in the modulator setup.

With the remote in sat mode, then you should be able to change the receiver channel, but then again, the second tuner doesn't have an input so that is basically a mute point. But you should be able to view something recorded. Until you have a second satellite input, you probably will run the 625 in single mode.

Depending on the length of your RV, the UHF have have some issues getting to the receiver. RVs can have more interference than a house. That is why I asked about taking the TV2 remote to the receiver and see if it functions. Usually just holding the TV2 remnote is the doorway of the bedroom should work. If the distance is a problem, there is a fix but you need to get signal to the TV first.

My goodness, I am going to have to print all of this. I think I understand all what you wrote?! I sure appreciate all of your time you have spent trying to help me.
The 21-69 cable is connected by a triplex with #1 and #2, but the cable/antenna in does not have a connection. Is that where the problem is? Can I use another coax and split it to the wall? I did put #1 on single mode and the #2 remote from in the bedroom changed #1 screen. I was trying to put #2 tv back to original and get rid of 60 air and 73 cable. That is when I noticed the front tv changing pictures. I am ready to put the 501 back in the rv!

You don't need to have a Antenna/Cable input cable. From what I see, the 625 doesn't have a Digital OTA tuner so it would serve no purpose.

You didn't say what kind of dish you are using. I am guessing you have a roof mounted dish. You cannot "split" a coax from an older roof dish. Again, assuming an older roof dish, the second coax cable from the roof dish probably comes out somewhere near the bedroom TV. That was the typical setup for an RV roof dish, one cable to the living room, one cable to the bedroom. If you can find the second cable in the bedroom, you could extend that cable into the front of the RV and have it connected to Sat In 2. Not easy but it can be done. Note, with the second cable to Sat In 2 you can have both tuners but you will be limited to one satellite, again assuming an older roof dish.

If you were using a ground tripod, they you install an additional input coax fitting. It doesn't look like the 625 can use a Dish Separator so you need two input cables to have two operational tuners.

Yes, it is a roof dish 1000, 3 satellites.
Is it a Trav'ler SK-1000?

If a SK-1000, then with a newer receiver that can use Dish Pro Plus input, you could use a Dish Separator to use the one coax Sat In for both inputs. But not the 625.

Since you were still using coax for the TV connections, I am going to guess that your TVs are not Digital. Another benefit to getting a new receiver than the 625 is that the newer receiver will have built in Digital tuner. You could then connect the roof antenna to the receiver and let it decode the Digital signals for the TVs.

You could eliminate the Distribution Switch except it probably powers the antenna amplifier.

Last edited:
Yes, a Wingard Trav'ler. When I called Dish about getting a receiver for 2 rooms, she told me to get the 625. They were going to work an exchange, but the one they had didn't have the DVR component. Price was $400+, so she said to get one on Ebay which I did. Now it looks like I am stuck with a 625 that won't do what I want. I do not want to put anymore money into it as we are not full timers in the rv. I do think my tv's are digital according to the menu.
Thanks again for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Yes, the 625 will do what you want. It's definitely capable of controlling DishPro Plus switchgear (one coax from the antenna) assuming yourSK-1000 is DishPro Plus. Sounds like you have a triplexer back there, so both tuners should be seeing all 3 sats. The 625 is a standard definition receiver, though. If you wanted HD, you didn't get it.

No, we didn't need HD in RV, but we have it here in the house. Our Sk1000 is DishPro Plus. We do have a triplexer, and we see all 3 satellites. Now, how do we get the darn back #2 tv to get satellite programming? You are only a few thousand miles away to come fix it. LOL

Sorry about that. ;) Job situation mandates I live here.

I used to have a 625 and loved it. But for the life of me, I don't remember there being TWO modulated coax outputs on the back. The Dish tech portal is returning the manual for the 811 rather than for the 625, so I can't double-check right now. If Brussam is right in his post on P4, you will need to connect up the cable going to the back TV to the CH 21-69 output, which is what carries the TV2 RF modulated output.

If I understand you correctly, everything is connected correctly according to the dish people. I have a triplexer that connects to tv#1, tv#2 and Ch21-69. Then there is the cable going to the satellite, and the UFH is connected. That is all there is on the back except for the antenna/cable port. It's good to know that it can work somehow. I am going to call a Dish retailer tomorrow and have someone come take a look. I thought I could make it work, but I guess not. I have probably gone from the house to the rv 100 times today and yesterday trying everything people suggested. I guess I need step-by-step instructions on what to do with the remotes, the distribution box, etc. I thought I understood the manual?? haha

Hifi (and Brussam) are both right. I finally found the manual and surprise surprise TV1 RF output is a separate jack from the TV2 output. So much for my memory. :( I never used my TV1 RF output and completely forgot that it existed.

Anyhow, what you have is called a TV2 "backfeed", because the TV2 modulated output is going back up the dish antenna lead. Hifi is asking for you to find the diplexer, because diplexers/triplexers work in pairs. One injects the TV2 signal, and the other picks it back off again. In your setup, the undiscovered diplexer is supposed to be connected to the coax going to your back room TV2.

I have stayed out of this to try and let you guys fix it.. But the triplexer needs a diplexer.. Or run the cable straight from the 21-73 port.. You can use the diplexer has a seperator.. You just need to take the third cable off..

Wow, you all lost me! I was not given a diplexer in the box of equipment. I can't run any cords on the floor of the rv to the back tv if that is what you are saying to do. Where would the diplexer attach? What goes into the diplexer? Does one have to do this when it is in a home? I just can't imagine all this work to simply hook up another tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts