Lost Sat 119 on Just on Receiver

akinwisc

Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Wisconsin
Lost Sat 119 on Just one Receiver

A few days ago we were having signal problems with one receiver, so I did a Check Switch. It gave me a warning message that saving would result in less channels than before, but I saved anyway. (Probably shouldn't have.) Now we can only get Sat 110 on this receiver. Sat 119 finds a strong signal, but it won't lock in. We are still get all the satellites on other receivers in the house, so I don't think it an issue with the pointing of the dish. I have tried resetting the receiver, but no change. Can I fix this without having a technician come out?

Last edited:
Unplug all satellite cables from all your receivers and run checkswitch on all of them. This clears the switch matrix.

Wait about 15 minutes then reconnect all receivers and re-run checkswitch on all.

If we're lucky it will restore service to all receivers.

Unplug all satellite cables from all your receivers and run checkswitch on all of them. This clears the switch matrix.

Wait about 15 minutes then reconnect all receivers and re-run checkswitch on all.

If we're lucky it will restore service to all receivers.
When I run CheckSwitch with the satellite cable disconnected, what should I do when it gives a warning that fewer satellites were found than previously detected? Options are Cancel, Retest, Save.

When I run CheckSwitch with the satellite cable disconnected, what should I do when it gives a warning that fewer satellites were found than previously detected? Options are Cancel, Retest, Save.
Go ahead and save it, then back out by canceling. Unplug the unit. Press and hold the power button and another button down on the front of the receiver for as long as you can to discharge the memory(5 min). Reconnect everything, plug it back in, and don't do anything. Let the receiver go through it's checks and it may heal itself, if not perform a check switch again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts