lost sat signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

refueler

Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
cornish
I'm having trouble with my dish network 500 sat the signal has been lost over 100 times in the last 2 days it comes and goes any suggestions

Could be any number of things, from a dish alignment problem to the tuner going bad. First thing to check is to make sure all the fittings are tight. A look at the signal strengths would be helpful as well (obviously you want to check them when it's working). Paying attention to time of day seems it seem to be worse can help your tech too.

happening on my 625 these days also.......the check switch always comes ok....& signal is also good....but when I do menu 613...then either 119 or 118 is red crossed & when click on details...then always showing loss of signal every day on both turners........

When that happens...my program guide on 625 also goes from 9 days to 2 days.

Wiring or LNBF problem time to check all the connectors 1st.

Thanks...I will check the connectors & open & tight them again.

I m having this issue regularly on 625. Yesterday when I was doing check signal....for Tuner 1 I had signal from 119, 118, 110...but for tuner 2...for the same tranponder....for 119....the box 1st shows higher signal then on tuner 1...but then says wrong sat & its 110.

This scenario is probably causing signal loss...& also when I m changing channels....it sometimes shows 002 or 004 error....really fustrating....considering everything was working properly & this started sometime from last week.

LNB,gound blk.,barrel ,.cable going bad.,bad switch 33,34,44,64 wall outlet, obstruction,mast out of plumb dish out of alignment.

Check signal strength, then start on the outside at the dish and then follow the cable to the receiver.

LNB,gound blk.,barrel ,.cable going bad.,bad switch 33,34,44,64 wall outlet, obstruction,mast out of plumb dish out of alignment.

Check signal strength, then start on the outside at the dish and then follow the cable to the receiver.

Considering that I get signal for Tuner 1 on 625 for 119 & also on my 2nd receiver 311, its only Tuner2 of 625....even when I check switch on 625....the result for both comes 3 sats found...but the counters dont increament together.

I will try to swap the 311 output to this tuner2 to see if 625 works ok...& then maybe the problem will be isolated & can be between the multiswitch or SW21x or SW21 or the cables connecting them.

CRAP...I will be the 1st one to order Dish 1 dish solution in PR with DP when it becomes available...& get rid of almost bird nest of cables & switches

Hi, make sure to check the cables for a short - my vip 222 kept loosing signal and rebooting. I removed all the coax connectors and found one that had a tiny piece of foil shield touching the center conductor. I cleared it using an exacto knife and it took care of the problem. Hope this helps, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)