Lost satellites, not sure of setup settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Baltzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
NE PA USA
I have a 211k, with an EHD, and the dish is (I think) a 1000.4 on the EA. This morning, I wanted to check the listing for the season premier of "Yellowstone" on Nov. 7 but the program guide was a few hours short of the time slot. So I did a "check switch" routine to force a fresh program guide download. The switch check is usually for four tests but this time it was for 36 tests and at the end of the signal check I had only one satellite, 61.5. As expected, alot of channels are missing and I have only a few hours of program guide. Also, on the system Information page, I found quite a few incidents from this morning with a code of "11-12-11".

In all my fiddling around I may have changed the system setting on the "Point Dish" page (choices are either Superdish or some number designations. Does anyone know the proper system designation for my setup?

Also, on the Installation summary page, do I check the box for "Superdish" or "Alternate" or do I leave both boxes unchecked?

Finally, I seem to remember reading a post some time ago that to regain my missing satellites I have to clear out the previous signal check results. Do I have this right and, if so, what do I do?

Thanks, Baltzer

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a 211k, with an EHD, and the dish is (I think) a 1000.4 on the EA. This morning, I wanted to check the listing for the season premier of "Yellowstone" on Nov. 7 but the program guide was a few hours short of the time slot. So I did a "check switch" routine to force a fresh program guide download. The switch check is usually for four tests but this time it was for 36 tests and at the end of the signal check I had only one satellite, 61.5. As expected, alot of channels are missing and I have only a few hours of program guide. Also, on the system Information page, I found quite a few incidents from this morning with a code of "11-12-11".

In all my fiddling around I may have changed the system setting on the "Point Dish" page (choices are either Superdish or some number designations. Does anyone know the proper system designation for my setup?

Also, on the Installation summary page, do I check the box for "Superdish" or "Alternate" or do I leave both boxes unchecked?

Finally, I seem to remember reading a post some time ago that to regain my missing satellites I have to clear out the previous signal check results. Do I have this right and, if so, what do I do?

Thanks, Baltzer
Those settings mean nothing. You can leave it on Dish 500. Zip Code is also one we never fill in. the 38 of 38 means it's not getting signal which is probably at the dish

the 38 of 38 means it's not getting signal which is probably at the dish
Yeah, that's how many checks Dish receivers had to do for legacy LNBs that switched polarization by changing voltage. Now there is (or should be) two way communication between the receiver and the DPP LNB/switch. I think something got disconnected.

Reactions: charlesrshell
PROBLEM SOLVED!
I think when I used the "check switch" routine to refresh the program guide I was experiencing signal fade from some rain in the area. So the receiver was able to lock onto only the 61.5 satellite. Then I saved that setting (bad move); after that it didn't matter how many times I did a check switch or a power reset- the receiver wasn't going to recognize the other two satellites.

So, to clear the setting I disconnected the dish feed from the receiver, did a check switch which yielded zero satellites, then saved that setting. Next, I reconnected the dish feed, did another "check switch" routine and all satellites reappeared.

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies.

Baltzer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts