lost signal in the morning

JHB

Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Fort Worth
I have a new, long cable run installation (275 feet) and am experiencing a loss of signal every morning. To get it working, I have to disconnect the main cable and reconnect it. As soon as I do that, the signal is restored, the guide has to down load and everything works fine. Signal strength is great and it works all day and until we go to bed and then the next morning, no signal again. Any ideas?

Where does the amplifier attach? At the dish, receiver or in between somewhere? I got one from Radioshack that is supposed to work with the dish network system and attached it in the middle of the line with " in" coming from the dish and "out" going to the receiver. It didn't change anything, though I may have it hooked up wrong. Any advise appreciated as we have until noon tomorrow to cancel the contract. Love the system otherwise.

Thanks,
JHB

By the way, I have seen several posts on here from installations as long as 350 feet and they seemed to work. Seems strange that it works with good signal strength and then sometime over night while the TV is off, it loses the signal. Don't understand why breaking the line and reattaching it fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)