Lost signal & switch settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Piano Guy

Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Hi all,

While waiting for the 721 upgrade, I thought I'd ask something that's been bugging me the last few weeks...

On an increasingly frequent basis, while trying to switch to one of the movie channels or news stations, I get the black screen saying that the channel was lost. :?

I then go to the switch settings and find that, instead of showing that I have a Dish 500, I have a Dish 300. Changing the switch to satellite 110 and back to Dish 500 and selecting okay (or switch?) gets the channels back.

Is there a reason why this happens? Something I've done to the setup?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

By default, each time you go to the signal strength screen, it will have Dish 300 checkmarked. When the SuperDish software comes to the 721 the screen will look a bit different than it does now.

Mark,

It is nothing that you have done in setup but it could indicate that you have a problem. You didn't mention what type of LNB(s) you have and the switch type but it would be a good idea to check your connections. If you see some indication of moisture or corrosion that could be what is causing your problem.

Another thing that could be causing your problem is the dish needs to be re-aligned. It could be that it is just a little off and the signal is low from the 110 slot.

What I would do is first check the signal strength on all the transponders from 119 and 110. Keep in mind that transponders 1,3,6,7, and 9 from 119 and 2,4,6,8, and 10 from 110 are spot beams and you may not get a signal from them in your area. If you have a low signal from either slot you need to re-aim the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)