Lost signal?

jadiff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
Just upgraded to the hopper and 2 Joeys yesterday. The tech seemed to have a difficult time and replaced the hopper at least once (he was. He finally replaced the switch and that seemed to have fixed the problem (he couldn't pair the joeys to the hopper). A few hours after he left, we sat down to watch tv and tried (HGTV for example) and it said something like HD signal lost switching to SD alternate, then would timeout and go to the searching for a signal screen. I noticed that it was trying to lock on to 119. I didn't think we were on 119 anymore (we are in Central Pa.). I don't really remember what I did to fix it, i was starting to call Dish and doing something (perhaps a check switch?). Anyway, it started to work fine. We get up this morning and turn to the local news and it is just a black screen on the kitchen and bedroom (joeys), all the channels were black although you could see the channel info bar along the top. It did not say anything about a bad signal.

I figured this could have been a hopper problem so I checked the signal strength and got nothing. All sat's and transponders were flatline. I performed a check switch and it all seemed to come back. Not sure about the joeys though, I had to leave for work. So what is going on? Do I have a bad switch, bad hopper or something else? If it happens again, I'll call tech support about it but I don't want to waste 1/2 hour with rebooting the thing and all that nonsense, especially if it will temporarily fix the problem again.

Oh, one more thing. I notice yesterday after the tech or I did a check switch, tuner 3 had red XXX's. After I did the check switch today, they were green check marks. Does that mean anything, or does it simply show that tuner 3 was in use and bypassed?

Thanks as always-

First guess and only a guess is you don't have 3GHZ cable to the Hopper. What ever now is a good time to call for service while still under installation warranty.

Thank you Bob. Things are still going well since the check switch 24 hours ago. When did this 3Ghz cable start getting used?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts