lost some channels on 942

wazzup

Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
I've lost some channels for a few days now.
When I check the signal meter for the corresponding TP, I get 90+ on tuner 1 but tuner 2 says wrong sat sometimes. I have a DP plus separator so signal comes over a single cable.
If I let the receiver on some channels , they may eventually come in after few minutes but not always. Channel will stay on as long as I don't switch to another channel once the receiver locks in.
I left the receiver physically off overnight and this morning I was able to get more channels than yesterday but still had the same issue on some.

I have a dishpro plus twin for 110 and 119 and a dishpro single for 61.5 (connected to the dp twin)

I would think that the dish is properly aligned since tuner1 gets strong signal.
Is it the LNB switch dying, the receiver or maybe the DP separator?

Any idea?

Thanks

It is most channels that are on odd TPs like 172 for example.
When I go in the signal meter menu, it is having a hard time picking signal for odd TPs.
But the weird part is that if I check for example TP 12 on 110 , I get 90+ and a lock for tuner 1 but switching to tuner 2, I get wrong sat 119.

My 942 started o do that.I couldnt change channels or I would loose the signal.MY other receiver was working fine while my 942 would loose signal. Thats when i went 2 a722.Probably the 942 life was coming to a end.

It is most channels that are on odd TPs like 172 for example.
When I go in the signal meter menu, it is having a hard time picking signal for odd TPs.
But the weird part is that if I check for example TP 12 on 110 , I get 90+ and a lock for tuner 1 but switching to tuner 2, I get wrong sat 119.

Either your dish needs a slight tweak or there is something blocking part of your signal.