Lost video on TV1 yesterday and noted changes to Favorites menu via TV2. Any suggestions?

murphaleen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
South Bend, Indiana
Lost video on TV1 yesterday and noted changes to Favorites menu via TV2. Was not experiencing stormy weather in area. Had been watching TV1 in front room. Left room to do laundry. Came back to find no video on TV1 but had audio. Checked TV2 in other room and had video and audio, but upon checking Guide settings, noticed that personal favorites had been replaced by defaults. Tried unplugging receiver for several minutes to see if problem would resolve, but no luck. Called Samsung @ TV and tech support person said he also has DISHNetwork and had same problem at one time. Told me to again unplug receiver and TV also, then replug both, wait for receiver to boot. Did but still get audio but no video. Brought small TV2 up to receiver, connected it, at least got a lighted screen, but no image. TV1 is a bit large for me to swap out for TV2, besides are system settings specific for each TV and swapping out really won't prove anything? Any suggestions?

My first thought is a loose or faulty connection. Make sure all the connections are on good both on the back of the TV and the Receiver. I am concerned that your guides changed, that might indicate some kind of failure of the receiver.

Is there a way that I can check out the 722k receiver to see if there is a failure. It was installed new on January 19, 2011. I have heard that they can run hot and can be prone to failure. Should I call DISH Network at this point?

I believe the Favorite lists for TV1 and TV2 are separate so looking at one will not tell you what the other is.
This is probably so that you could set up all HD on TV1 and all SD on TV2 even though they will play whichever.
It is safer to check All HD or All Sub, if in doubt.
-Ken

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to rest not only the recv but sometimes tvs will act funny with equipment hooked to tv try to unplug the recv and unplug the hdmi cable or components which ever you have it hooked up w/ let it sit for 2-3 min plug the cable that was hooked to the tv back in then plug the recv back in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)