Lost VOOM channels after running Ck Swtch

jrchip01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Virginia
I was having difficulty with HD channels ( continuously trying to acquire satellite signal, very long waits (> 1 minute ) to change channels, and general misbehavior. So, I ran the Check Switch test from the Point Dish screen. This solved the misbehavior issues but now I notice all my VOOM channels have disappeared from the Program Guide and as far as I can tell are now unavailable. I would appreciate any advice.

Sounds like u lost ur 61.5 signal. Go to Point dish screen, and change the satellite number to 61.5 and see if it says Locked Echostar 61.5 West. If it says not locked after u did a check switch, u might wanna check ur connections and see if ur 2nd dish is still properly connected to your switch box, you may have a DPP twin that has the built in switch and ur 61.5 will be going into that.
If it says wrong sat after the check switch test, your 2nd dish has most likely moved a bit and is not pointed correctly anymore.

There's a few different things it could be: bad lnbf, a bad switch, switch port, your receiver might be bad and not picking up the 61.5 anymore. do u have more than one receiver ? If so is this problem on all receivers or just one?
Is your software current ?
From the main Menu go to Locks. Is the system unlocked? If there are hidden channels with the HIDE LOCKED option (not all models), these channels may not be viewable when the System is Locked (even if subscribed and authorized).
Verify there is video on channel 580 for your 2nd dish. Power off the receiver and unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 15 seconds, plug the receiver back into the electrical outlet and power the receiver on, this will help eliminate any static electricity build up. You can also unplug your receiver from any power and put your finger on the "sat in" port with nothing in it to allow for your body to absorb any static electricity built up in there, which can cause your smartcard reader to act funny.
Press the Guide button on the remote. Does it say 'All Chan' on the screen? If not press the Guide button again until 'All Chan' is listed and verify the channels are now showing.

If the problem persists please call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for assistance.

:idea:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)