lost with set up of hh90 motor

Who will WIN the SUPER BOWL?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Katrinasucks said:
Unless I missed it (when I search like 5 times) none of the gold sponsors sells that dish. Vendor not withstanding, I like the looks of that dish.
That looks the the same dish I am using It's a Pansat FC90P, I also bought mine from another source, only because I had been planning to purchase from there before joining this group, recommended from a guy I work with, and they had really a good price.

Jarhead84-90 said:
That looks the the same dish I am using It's a Pansat FC90P, I also bought mine from another source, only because I had been planning to purchase from there before joining this group, recommended from a guy I work with, and they had really a good price.
Hey Jarhead84-90, Just wondering your lat. long. and what elevation you set your dish at and which satellite you initially pointed it at and if you have it motorized. Just so i can compare. BTW - I'm x-military army, Huey helicopter mechanic. 80-83
THANKS BROTHER
USA FOREVER :usa

aegrotatio said:
Keep trying. I was about to run over my cheap Winegard 76cm and clone motor with my truck when I decided to give it one more shot. I have to pay special attention to plumbing the tube--that is the single most important thing to do with a motor.
Thanks aegrotatio, I'm not giving up yet. But there were times i was ready to tie the dish to the back of my truck and drag it around town. I hear you about having a perfect plum of the tube. I have been using a small torpedo level that has been dropped at least 50 times. I'm going to the depot and getting a (10 buck angle finder (QUOTE - Katrinasucks)) :hatsoff:

Jarhead84-90 said:
That dish reflector is identical to the reflector on the 36" I found a couple of months ago. The dish itself is VERY well made. The Pansat you guys have has LNB arm side supports (which my dish has the holes for but the supports were nowhere to be found) and a different pole mount. The pole mount on the Pansat dish is far superior to the pole mount on the dish I found.

I am therefore seeking a good (GREAT) deal on a Pansat FC90P, if anyone can point me in the right direction :D

Last edited:
Tron said:
I am therefore seeking a good (GREAT) deal on a Pansat FC90P, if anyone can point me in the right direction :D
Apparently in the wonderful, wacky world that is the FTA business, both Fortec and Pansat use the exact same model number (FC90P) for their 90cm offset dishes. The 2 dishes are very, very different. Not that buying FTA products could be confusing or anything. :confused:

wired4fta said:
Hey Jarhead84-90, Just wondering your lat. long. and what elevation you set your dish at and which satellite you initially pointed it at and if you have it motorized. Just so i can compare. BTW - I'm x-military army, Huey helicopter mechanic. 80-83
THANKS BROTHER
USA FOREVER :usa
Back at ya Bro, Love those Whirlybirds, I worked CH53, CH46, and only got to putz a bit on UH1N, and Cobras.
I'm at 43 lat, my motor mount set at 43, and my dish elev roughly 24(was supposed to be 24 but actually closer to 26) according to the elevation scale on the side of the dish, since it isn't that accurate. I just tweaked elevation till I got the strongest signal. Actually T-5 was the first one I locked into, probably not the best way but IA-8 was my southern sat, but it wasn't entered in USALS in Pansat, had'nt figured it out till later. Long. 88.1 and I'm motorized, got 12 sats locked in right now.

Tron & Katrinasucks, you have PMs.

Later, Mark:up

Last edited:
Hey Jarhead, just wondering what kind of motor your using. I still can't get the son of a bitc... to arch properly.
THANKS
See if these help at all, this is the section on fine tuning that came with my Pansat motor. It tells you what to move based on where your arch goes.
I hope the attatments work, they should print out 8.5x11". Mark

Attachments

• scan0001.bmp
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 131
  • scan0003.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 104
Jarhead84-90 said:
See if these help at all, this is the section on fine tuning that came with my Pansat motor. It tells you what to move based on where your arch goes.
I hope the attatments work, they should print out 8.5x11". Mark

Thanks, my only problem is i have an HH90 stab motor and I'm wondering if this is ultimately my problem. If i can ask one more ? could you look at the pictures that i posted earlier and tell me if the brackets on the back of my dish connecting to the motor are the same as yours.

THANKS
:flag:

The principle of the arch correction should be the same process though. Look at what your path is , High east and west or low east high west etc. Pick which one fits your situation and correct accordingly to the examples under fine tuning. It's worth a try at least. Here is a pic of my mount. Later , Mark:up

dish1.JPG

finally staring to get some Sat's from about 123w to 74w. Still need to fine tune.
after all said the number 1 solution is have ALLOT of patience and make sure your pole / mast is 100% level and make very small adjustments. Thanks to all the members that have provided help and I'll post a complete report on my set up when i get it all together 100% :) :flag:

Patience is certainly the greatest requirement of FTA (after a plumb dish mount, of course :D ) The fun is in the install and the moment when things start working right!

Wired4fta, it's no wonder that you had trouble fine-tuning your Stab HH90. I say that because, I've read the HH90 instructions...and they suck. Staab needs to re-write its manual to make it less confusing and to correct some outright errors.

For example, when fine tuning, and your dish hits your most southern satellite perfectly, but your dish tracks the eastern-most satellite too low and the western-most satellite also too low, then the HH 90 instructions correctly tell you to lower your "motor's" elevation slightly. But they FAIL to tell you that you should RAISE your "dish's" elevation by the same amount. That's a terribile omission on Stab's part.

Here's the outright error:
In the case where the dish hits the southern-most satellite perfectly, but points too low at the eastern-most satellite and points too high at the western-most satellite...the problem is that the motor is mounted slightly west of straight south. this is corrected by loosening clamps holding the motor to the ground pole and moving the motor slightly counter-clockwise. The Stab diagram indicates that the motor should be moved slightly clockwise. This is a a bad error in Stab's instructions. It's no wonder that people can't fine tune their Stab installations. If you follow Stab's instructions to the letter, you'll never get the Clarke belt zeroed in.

7720driver said:
Wired4fta, it's no wonder that you had trouble fine-tuning your Stab HH90. I say that because, I've read the HH90 instructions...and they suck. Staab needs to re-write its manual to make it less confusing and to correct some outright errors.

For example, when fine tuning, and your dish hits your most southern satellite perfectly, but your dish tracks the eastern-most satellite too low and the western-most satellite also too low, then the HH 90 instructions correctly tell you to lower your "motor's" elevation slightly. But they FAIL to tell you that you should RAISE your "dish's" elevation by the same amount. That's a terribile omission on Stab's part..

Thanks for the info 7720driver. I'm considering on changing the motor to a pansat pm900 or the Sg2100, because the hh90 has a 60 degree limit east/west and the pm900 has a 90 degree. With the hh90 when i go over 60 west or east the motor returns to zero. I have a completely open south horizon from east to west and want the ability to scan all the sat's. :flag:

Last edited:
wired4fta, the Stab HH90 specifications say you can set your software limits to between 5 degrees and 65 degrees. So, if your system is stopping at 60 degrees, then you can probably extend it to 65 degrees.....but that's the limit. As for the sg2100, its manual says its range is plus or minus 75 degrees.

Others in this forum can give you much better advice than I regarding most aspects of FTA. I don't even have a FTA system...yet. (UPS is supposed to bring mine tomorrow.) But for many years I have had a BUD (big ugly dish) for C-band, and I also have a Ku LNB on it. Thus, I do have a firm grasp of how to allign a dish.

Tomorrow, if my Coolsat 5000 and sg2100 get here, I'll mate my sg2100 with my old Primestar dish, which is rather heavy. I've already made a new light-weight mount for the Primestar dish. Once I get the setup working, I will post some pics of my new mount. I'm proud of it. I basically improved on a mount shown in this forum by "dirtyshame".

Anyway, good luck with your setup, wired.

7720driver said:
But for many years I have had a BUD (big ugly dish) for C-band, and I also have a Ku LNB on it. Thus, I do have a firm grasp of how to allign a dish.

Tomorrow, if my Coolsat 5000 and sg2100 get here, I'll mate my sg2100 with my old Primestar dish, which is rather heavy. I've already made a new light-weight mount for the Primestar dish. Once I get the setup working, I will post some pics of my new mount. I'm proud of it. I basically improved on a mount shown in this forum by "dirtyshame".

Anyway, good luck with your setup, wired.

Hope your not giving up your (bud) c-band with a ku on it. I though that would be enough to get all band's. I'm thinking of going (BUD) as it seems to me there are allot of channels we can't get with just a KU lnb on a smaller dish. In any case thanks for your info on alignment and GOOD LUCK on your KU only set-up. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)